Gem bounties question 07/25/2017 03:40 PM CDT
Can anyone tell me if the following gems are viable bounty gems?

a dram of gold dust
a handful of gold dust
a pinch of platinum dust

They are all from Icemule Trace.

I am leaning toward "no" but I am not sure and I can't prove a negative (though I've had an alt cycling through bounties with a bounty boost in Icemule for a while now).

Thanks!

Wee Sleepy Gnomtte

Cloth-of-eonake: for when you absolutely, positively need to have zombie-impenetrable underwear. - Denil

When my scripts are acting up, I take Modrian with Coding. After a few hours, they feel like new! - MAXMANJ
Re: Gem bounties question 07/25/2017 07:35 PM CDT
If they're actually gems you find on critters and sell to the gemshop, they can be assigned as gem bounties. I believe the only exception to this are ones obtained in unusual ways, like the opals you get from krag dwellers or slabs of silver from using 125 on boxes.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Gem bounties question 07/27/2017 03:41 AM CDT
They are extremely rare drops in my experience, you'd need to have thousands, if not tens of thousands, of gem bounties assigned, before I'd start to think they might not be assignable. I've had dust drop quite often in Illistim, but hardly ever in Icemule.