Exemptions 05/02/2017 10:44 AM CDT
Jarivyth says, "Hmm, I've got a task here from the town of Ta'Illistim. The local furrier Gaedrein has an order to fill and wants our help. Head over there and see what you can do. Be sure to ASK about BOUNTIES."

>ask raelir for exemption
Raelir says, "You must specify one type of task that you wish be exempt from. Valid tasks are: Kill Creatures, Retrieve Heirloom, Procure Skins, Procure Gems, Protect Traveller, Procure Herbs, Kill Dangerous Creature, Rescue Child, Kill Bandits. You may also specify NOTHING to remove your existing exemption choice."
>Procure Skins
Raelir says, "You already exempt from the Procure Skins task, Rohese."

Am I missing something or can someone please explain why I am still being given skinning tasks?

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Exemptions 05/02/2017 11:40 AM CDT

>Am I missing something or can someone please explain why I am still being given skinning tasks?

was a bounty task waiver active though? it doesn't look like it.

from the wiki/this folder:

Waivers prevent further tasks of the specified type from being assigned while they are in effect, they do not remove already assigned tasks from when they were not in effect. -GM Coase
Re: Exemptions 05/02/2017 01:11 PM CDT
The guild doesn't tell you whether you are exempt or not, merely which task you would be exempt from if you had an exemption.
Re: Exemptions 05/02/2017 04:44 PM CDT
>The guild doesn't tell you whether you are exempt or not, merely which task you would be exempt from if you had an exemption.

This is incorrect. The headmaster accurately tells you your current status. And the character's current status was that it had a Procure Skins task assignment exemption. The issue that was confusing CHIVERST was that things happened in this order:

1. Activated a bounty waiver.
2. Chose Procure Skins to be exempt from.
3. Waiver expired (no longer exempt from Procure Skins).
4. Requested a task and was assigned Procure Skins.
5. Activated another bounty waiver, reactivating the prior Procure Skins exemption.
6. Asked about setting the exemption to Procure Skins and was told that the exemption was already active (see #5).

As noted above, exemptions deal with being assigned new tasks, they don't remove or affect existing tasks. This is because you can change your choice of your exempted task at any time during the waiver period, so it would be essentially a long-term bounty boost if it also removed your existing task too.

Coase
Re: Exemptions 05/02/2017 05:15 PM CDT
Thank you, Coase! That makes sense now :)

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Exemptions 05/03/2017 07:13 AM CDT
>This is incorrect. The headmaster accurately tells you your current status.

This is still happening to me. I am being told I must select one, and then told I have it already.

>Bounty Task Waivers
[You have redeemed a Bounty Task Waiver, which will expire on 5/3/2017 08:06:54 CDT. You may choose the Adventurer's Guild task type that you do not wish to be assigned by asking the local headmaster for an EXEMPTION.]
>ask Randall about exemptions
Randall says, "You must specify one type of task that you wish be exempt from. Valid tasks are: Kill Creatures, Retrieve Heirloom, Procure Skins, Procure Gems, Protect Traveller, Procure Herbs, Kill Dangerous Creature, Rescue Child, Kill Bandits. You may also specify NOTHING to remove your existing exemption choice."
>
A runner enters the room and hands Randall a sealed envelope. Randall breaks open the envelope and quickly reads the message contained within. He frowns for a moment, marks a few words down on the message, and hands it back to the departing runner.
>Rescue Child
Randall says, "You already exempt from the Rescue Child task, Jeafwsian."
Re: Exemptions 05/03/2017 01:16 PM CDT

>Randall says, "You already exempt from the Rescue Child task, Jeafwsian."

yes, it remembers your last choice.
Re: Exemptions 05/03/2017 02:20 PM CDT
When you ask about exemptions, you need to specify what you want it to be. If you don't, it just continues your last one. The command you are typing is incomplete, and that's what the taskmaster is telling you, not that you don't have any current exemption.

Coase
Re: Exemptions 05/04/2017 07:30 AM CDT
>When you ask about exemptions, you need to specify what you want it to be.

Then the game shouldn't be directing me to do otherwise. I am just clicking the links its telling me I have to click and I'm getting nonsense results.