Task Reward 10/06/2016 05:39 AM CDT
Normally I don't pay a huge amount of attention to the rewards for bounties, but the one I just received for a "kill dangerous creature" task seems awfully low. The task was for tomb trolls (base level 52 according to the wiki) and the character is level 49 (I found and killed it solo). What's the point of up-hunting for bounties if the reward is going to be on par with what I normally get for critters below my level?

>ask ala about bount
Alanna says, "All done with that assignment? Good job, **!"

[You have earned 493 bounty points, 800 experience points, and 4930 silver.]
>

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Task Reward 10/06/2016 08:58 PM CDT
Rewards for creature bounties are based on the creature, not the character. Each creature level gives another 9 bounty points. You don't get an additional AdG bonus for uphunting beyond that. (You do take a penalty for underhunting if you've asked for an easier task to go to 6 or more levels below you.)

If you had underhunted by 3 levels rather than uphunted by 3, you're looking at a 54 bounty point swing. That's 12% more for hunting a level 52 critter instead of a level 46 critter. If you uphunt by 10 and kill level 59 stuff, you're looking at 27% more bounty points compared to underhunting by 3.

The other advantages is fewer kills for culling tasks.
Re: Task Reward 10/10/2016 07:55 AM CDT
>The other advantages is fewer kills for culling tasks.

Unless the critter is difficult enough to significantly slow your kill rate, this can actually be quite a large advantage and I suspect it applies on other critter tasks by giving a higher chance for heirlooms/grizzleds to appear as well as on the culls. When I was trying to maximise my AG rewards, I hated the 5 levels below me critter tasks because they took so long it effectively devalued their reward by about 40% due to opportunity costs on not getting another task as soon as possible.