Heirloom facepalm 05/11/2016 07:33 PM CDT
61 SEARCHES to find my heirloom tonight. I did room orders like A B C and finally A B C D (so I never searched the same two rooms in a row). I also died twice.

Could we get a hard cap on the number of searches and the number of loots for heirlooms, please?

If you really want the logs....I do have them.
Re: Heirloom facepalm 05/14/2016 12:23 PM CDT
Ugh seriously.

Just searched 58 times and gave up.

Can we not search rooms in the order of A B C A B C to find an heirloom? This was stated by a GM as an acceptable method a couple years ago, maybe I can dig up the post.

Or am I just getting bad luck?

This is driving me insane. It's like 20 to 25 minutes empty-handed kneeling. There needs to be a ceiling on this.
Re: Heirloom facepalm 05/14/2016 03:29 PM CDT
<Can we not search rooms in the order of A B C A B C to find an heirloom? This was stated by a GM as an acceptable method a couple years ago, maybe I can dig up the post.>

Been awhile since I got assigned this but even A B B A should work.

<Or am I just getting bad luck?>

Sounds like.

<There needs to be a ceiling on this.>

Yea, 58 is nuts.
Re: Heirloom facepalm 05/14/2016 04:18 PM CDT

One thing to make surezis that the location is correct. Sometimes its easy to catch a room that wont count.
Re: Heirloom facepalm 05/14/2016 04:28 PM CDT
I was under the impression you needed to go through at least 4 rooms for the best chances.

Assuming that there's a 10% chance to find the heirloom, you should have a 99.75% chance to find the heirloom in 57 searches. If it's 15% (which has been my impression, but I've never kept stats), that goes up to 99.99%.

So either there's a new bug or you're doing something wrong. I heard the 4 room advice somewhere, so I'd assume it's the latter.
Re: Heirloom facepalm 05/14/2016 04:35 PM CDT
>Can we not search rooms in the order of A B C A B C to find an heirloom? This was stated by a GM as an acceptable method a couple years ago, maybe I can dig up the post.>

>Been awhile since I got assigned this but even A B B A should work.

Neither of those will be particularly helpful to your chances of finding a heirloom. Searching the same 2-3 rooms over and over is not (nor has ever been) a successful heirloom search strategy. Search as many -different- rooms within the given search area as possible.

Coase
Re: Heirloom facepalm 05/15/2016 06:58 AM CDT
>Searching the same 2-3 rooms over and over is not (nor has ever been) a successful heirloom search strategy. Search as many -different- rooms within the given search area as possible.

Thanks Coase! I guess I'm more likely to go crazy eating the bullet several times rather than how many attempts it takes for the next one.

:D
Re: Heirloom facepalm 05/15/2016 07:42 AM CDT
>Can we not search rooms in the order of A B C A B C to find an heirloom? This was stated by a GM as an acceptable method a couple years ago, maybe I can dig up the post.

Vanah said back to back searches don't count, which is not the same thing as saying ABCABC is giving full value. (Post 985 above)
Re: Heirloom facepalm 05/29/2016 03:17 PM CDT
Just popping back to say thanks again for the advice. My heirloom searching is going much better now!