BPs for Foraging Tasks 03/08/2016 03:57 PM CST
I'm wondering if there's a reason all my Confluence foraging tasks are a flat 400 bounty points, regardless of the number or item obtained.

I didn't do a very thorough log search, but I did find that foraging bounties usually have some kind of range of points rewarded.

Is this usually only determined by the type of foraging assigned (i.e. what item/place) or does it usually depend on the number requested. Naively I expect if I give more stuff, I get more reward.

Who knows all about how foraging tasks work? Tell me please!

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: BPs for Foraging Tasks 03/08/2016 04:01 PM CST

>Who knows all about how foraging tasks work? Tell me please!

I believe the points are relative to how difficult the herb is to forage
Re: BPs for Foraging Tasks 03/08/2016 04:18 PM CST
>I believe the points are relative to how difficult the herb is to forage

Five are easier to forage than nine.

:(

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: BPs for Foraging Tasks 03/08/2016 04:19 PM CST
Yep, Rift herbs vary too with cursed ones offering the most from the guild.

Same concept with gems too, based on the specific gem/herb not quantity (really nice for those requests for 5!)
Re: BPs for Foraging Tasks 03/08/2016 04:21 PM CST
>Same concept with gems too, based on the specific gem/herb not quantity (really nice for those requests for 5!)

I was wondering about that too, but was similarly lazy to search my logs.

Great, thanks for clearing that up.

Also, it does seem to be true that Confluence foraged items are 1) Not that difficult to find 2) About equally difficult to forage.

Re: BPs for Foraging Tasks 03/09/2016 06:07 AM CST
The higher the roll required to forage a herb, the higher the bounty point reward.

If all Confluence herbs are 400, it indicates they are all in the same difficulty tier (3rd easiest, needing a roll 10 higher than the easiest herbs do).

Herbs don't have sale values, like gems and skins do, so they are based off the foraging roll rather than the item value.