Not-so-magical armoires 02/07/2016 05:59 PM CST
Hmm, so I spent 75k BPs on one of these today to avoid the modest alias for my enhancives. I did not know these items ran auto-sort on me, cleverly sticking my pin worn mask and pin worn toe-ring right in the middle of my inventory next to each other.

So I used my Bounty Points to trade this:

You remove a blood-eagle feather talisman from around your neck.
[exec1]>put feather talisman in my case
You put a blood-eagle feather talisman in your small metal case.
[exec1]>remove witch talisman
You remove a water witch's hair talisman from your wrist.
[exec1]>put talisman in my case
You put a water witch's hair talisman in your small metal case.
[exec1]>remo witch talisman
You remove a water witch's hair talisman from your wrist.
[exec1]>put witch talisman in my case
You put a water witch's hair talisman in your small metal case.
[exec1]>remo badge
You take off an invar-bound snakeskin badge.
[exec1]>poke my sash
You pin an invar-bound snakeskin badge to your silk sash, choosing the perfect spot for it.
[exec1]>remove imflass pin
You take off a glittering imflass pin.
[exec1]>poke my sash
You pin a glittering imflass pin to your silk sash, choosing the perfect spot for it.
[exec1]>remove my helm
You take an etched vaalorn helm off your head.
[exec1]>put helm in my case
You put an etched vaalorn helm in your small metal case.

For this instead (along with using the armoire itself):

The single item matching "a delicate gold toe ring" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort socks
The single item matching "some mismatched black and grey socks" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort olive pouch
The single item matching "a twine-strung olive canvas pouch" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort black pouch
The single item matching "an inky black pouch" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort case
The single item matching "a snap-top small metal case" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort band
The single item matching "a hoary green tourmaline band" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort tear ring
The single item matching "a mermaid's tear sapphire ring" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort backs
The single item matching "a gore-covered troll-leg backsheath" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort horn
The single item matching "a burnished dark ruic horn" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort sash
The single item matching "a green silk sash" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort badge
The single item in a ceremonial green silk sash embroidered with an aurulent sheaf of rye matching "a snakeskin badge" is now at the top of the container.
[sort]>sort charm
The single item matching "a harvest moon charm" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort amu
The single item matching "an opaque glass amulet" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort other amu
The single item matching "a moonflower amulet" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort third amu
The single item matching "a scorched fireleaf seed amulet" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort cloak
The single item matching "an oversized silk cloak" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort robe
The single item matching "a white ritual robe" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort earring
The single item matching "a pulsating blue moonstone earring" is now at the top of your inventory.
[sort]>sort mask
The single item matching "a sickly faewood mask" is now at the top of your inventory.

Any chance these might get (or already have) a way to toggle not using SORT AUTOMATIC HEADTOTOE which has never worked well with pin-worn items?

I guess an even neater thing would be a way to tell pinworns where to go in autosort, but I have a feeling that'd have been done years ago if it wasn't nearly impossible.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Not-so-magical armoires 02/07/2016 08:52 PM CST
You could just stop wearing the pin worn items.

I love that the armoire knows where the items go when I use it.
Re: Not-so-magical armoires 02/07/2016 09:34 PM CST
>>You could just stop wearing the pin worn items.

That's not exactly a solution.

~ The girl behind Debia

Contribute to the economy of Debia! You too can make a difference!
https://ps.lichproject.org/shops/3141
Re: Not-so-magical armoires 02/08/2016 07:11 AM CST
>You could just stop wearing the pin worn items.

I could stop bothering with the enhacives, too I guess!

>I love that the armoire knows where the items go when I use it.

This is why I'm suggesting a toggle on them to auto-sort or not auto-sort. People who like it could keep it, and for situations where it makes a pretty big mess of things (like me trying to use my toe-ring for teleportation when I'm about to die) people can opt out.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Not-so-magical armoires 02/11/2016 07:09 AM CST
...and sold...