need some advice on upgrading my badge 04/23/2015 11:40 PM CDT
I am currently level 31 with 160k bounty points.

Since my LEVEL is caping enhancive bonus to +3, there is no point in upgrading evenly, for me.

So, to try and get a second enhancive, so that I can have two enhancives, do I max...
- a SINGLE aspect of the badge (i.e. upgrade one aspect to level 5 (10+20+30+40+50); or
- TWO aspects of the badge (i.e. upgrade one aspect to level 4 and the other to level 3 (10+20+30+40 and 10+20+30)?

I have read conflicting information on this point, thanks for the help.
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 04/30/2015 10:43 PM CDT
I'm a little confused myself as to when, where and how to upgrade. Anyone care to clrify the system for me?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 05/01/2015 03:48 AM CDT
<<I'm a little confused myself as to when, where and how to upgrade. Anyone care to clrify the system for me?

This isn't official info, but I used to use this link quite a bit back when I was a player: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Adventurer%27s_Guild_Badge

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 05/01/2015 03:53 AM CDT
https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Adventurer%27s_Guild_Badge

According to what I'd learned way back when if you upgraded a single aspect you would be able to upgrade a single thing to a higher level sooner, but upgrading evenly is the faster way to upgrade multiple things at once on the badges. It costs 10k, them 20k,then 30k, and etc... to upgrade a single feature, but 50k would allow you to upgrade all 5 to the 1st level, another 100k would allow you to upgrade them all to the second level. Anyways the GS-Wiki has a lot of good info.

Just an elf about town...
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 05/01/2015 07:19 PM CDT

"According to what I'd learned way back when if you upgraded a single aspect you would be able to upgrade a single thing to a higher level sooner..."

Thanks for responding, but I KNOW this isnt correct.

" but upgrading evenly is the faster way to upgrade multiple things at once on the badges."

I suspect this isn't correct.

still looking for answers if anyone else has em
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 05/01/2015 07:44 PM CDT
This comes from the wiki - "It has been proven that the greatest enhancive potential of the badge can be obtained by evenly upgrading items on the badge (i.e. each part to level 1, then each part to level 2, and so on). Enhancive potential is based on the total number of upgrades, not the strength of the upgrade."

Which makes sense. Let's say you have 100k bounty points and want to maximize that. You can upgrade 1 aspect for 4 total upgrades (10k+20k+30k+40k = 100k) or you could upgrade evenly across the 5 aspects for 7 total upgrades with 10k points left over (10k+10k+10k+10k+10k+20k+20k = 90k).

An announcer shouts, "Introducing our new combatant, Duskruin Arena Hero Durakar al'Yari Faendryl the Captain of the Mist Harbor Militia, hailing from Isle of the Four Winds!"

Points out to Liia a line from his 2000 bill:
FESTIVAL: The Ebon's Gate
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 05/01/2015 08:52 PM CDT
This is my original question, still need help for anyone reading:

"So, to try and get a second enhancive, so that I can have two enhancives, do I max...
- a SINGLE aspect of the badge (i.e. upgrade one aspect to level 5 (10+20+30+40+50); or
- TWO aspects of the badge (i.e. upgrade one aspect to level 4 and the other to level 3 (10+20+30+40 and 10+20+30)?"
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 05/02/2015 06:44 AM CDT

http://forum.gsplayers.com/archive/index.php/t-25218.html

This is an interesting read by Evarin having to do with badges.
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 05/02/2015 07:58 AM CDT
Looking at the badges of several of my characters, it would appear that getting 7 upgrades on aspects is the key. With the two most upgraded aspects at 6,5 I just get a single enhancive. With the four most ugraded aspects all having 7 upgrades, I get 3.

Since 6,5 doesn't work, you need a whole lot more bounty points before you are going to be able to get a second enhancive anyway, neither 5,0 nor 4,3 are going to work. In your position, I'd go for 7,0,0,0,0 then 7,7,0,0,0 but switch to spreading them out if you are being limited by the badge rather than your level on what you can get.

Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 05/02/2015 08:15 PM CDT
Thanks Rath - Ill got for go for 7,0,0,0,0 and see what happens!
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 12/25/2015 01:49 AM CST

Rath - so I got my second enhancive on upgrading from 7/2/0/0/0, to 7/3/0/0/0. Couldnt have done it without the info you gave, thank you!

Interesting to compare with the info you gave that 6/5/0/0/0 didn't work (that is 11 upgrades, where as I only got my tenth and the second enhancive unlocked. Perhaps there is a requirement to have at least one 7, and also to have at least ten total upgrades.

That brings me to the third enhancive. Perhaps it unlocks at at least two 7's, and at least twenty total upgrades (which would be exactly 7/7/6/0/0).

Test the hypothesis if you can (I suggest going 7/7/0/0/0, and then going up one at a time on the third component, and keep checking after each upgrade of the third component).
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 01/04/2016 04:57 AM CST
>Test the hypothesis if you can (I suggest going 7/7/0/0/0, and then going up one at a time on the third component, and keep checking after each upgrade of the third component).

Maybe in a few years time, but I don't have the characters with suitable badges for that test any more after upgrading for the last tests.

I suspect you can get it with just one 7 and the rest spread out.
Re: need some advice on upgrading my badge 02/14/2016 10:24 AM CST
Great stuff here.