L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/15/2021 09:22 AM CST
[Sphere and Scythe, Archive Hall]
Walls fitted with sturdy oak shelves, scroll tubes, and glass-paned display cabinets line the perimeter of this rectangular room. An arched entry looms to the south, while a bas-relief of Fash'lo'nae and Lumnis face off against each other in the northern wall, engaged in a spirited debate. Positioned directly in front of the carving is a gem-inlaid Elanthian globe. Long tables and chairs line the center of the room, offering ample space for scholars and historians to conduct their research.

A silver scythe encased in a crystal sphere floats into the room. A pristine parchment begins to unravel from the snath of the scythe. As the parchment unfolds you can make out the message: "Join Sphere and Scythe as they invite Khylynnia to present a lecture on the history of L'Naere and her extrapolations on the Arkati's continued existence beyond The Veil. Lecture will take place in Sphere and Scythe's Archive Hall." The parchment quickly retreats and the sphere dissipates into thin air.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"It is Sphere and Scythe's honor to yield the floor to our dear friend Khylynnia"

Khylynnia drops into a deep curtsy, moving smoothly as her arms sweep grandly to her sides.

Khylynnia recites:
"Good evening. For those of you who do not know me, I am Khylynnia SparrHawk, Bardess, Scrivener of Twilight Hall, and one of the few Faithful of L'Naere."

Siggurd turns to face Khylynnia.

Rovvigen turns an inquisitive ear toward Khylynnia.

Khylynnia says, "For those who DO know me, well...Leafi knows I like to pick on her, sooooo."

Khylynnia giggles.

Khylynnia recites:
"Tonight I will quickly summarize L'Naere's history and the Legends surrounding her, and then I will be speaking at length on my personal extrapolations of her beginning where those Legends leave off."

Khylynnia recites:
"I will pause for a few minutes after the summary and answer no more than five questions at that time before moving on to the extrapolations"

Khylynnia says, "To keep the time short."

Dhairn quietly asks, "What are we learnin about?"

Khylynnia recites:
"L'Naere is the Lady of Life. She is an Arkati that is credited with creating at least one, and possibly up to three of the "Lesser Races"."

Leafiara leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Khylynnia recites:
"Her existence is surrounded by much controversy even amongst the other Arkati due to her actions"

Khylynnia recites:
"She foresaw the coming of the ur'Daemon war, and created a safe haven outside the danger zone. Several of the other Arkati were fearful that L'Naere was consolidating power, or jealous of her connection with many of the Lesser Races, and after she moved a large number of humans to Bre'Naere, they betrayed her to the Drakes who then had her executed for Treason."

Siggurd frowns.

Bakarus nods slowly.

Khylynnia recites:
"We Aelotians were once Human, but due to the kiramon, we have become what you see today"

Regwen turns an inquisitive ear toward Khylynnia.

Khylynnia recites:
"From her beginning, L'Naere was known to be the embodiment of compassion, creativity and life. She was very powerful in her own right, and this caused much consternation among many of the other Arkati. Upon her execution, her domains were then distributed amongst the other Arkati."

Maze suddenly pauses, a look of consternation crossing his features as he listens intently.

Vraimar frowns.

Bakarus darkly says, "Interesting."

Rendena softly asks, "That's the rooms I saw on the map in icemule?"

Khylynnia recites:
"L'Naere was solely worshiped by all Aelotoi from the time of our arrival on Bre'Naere until our escape from there through the portal onto Elanith."
Nuzzling about the nape of Chandrellia's neck, the bush rat seizes a tuft of hair in its jaws and gives a sharp YANK! Quicker than Chandrellia's hand, the bush rat scrambles down to Chandrellia's black leather backpack and disappears inside with its new batch of bedding. It re-emerges a moment later and returns to its perch with a squeak of amusement.

Khylynnia recites:
"What follows is quite controversial, and I am sure there will be many questions, but please hold all comments until after I have completed."

Khylynnia recites:
"L'Naere still exists beyond The Veil."

Speaking to Rendena, Vraimar says, "I do not believe that there are any rooms or temples dedicated to L'Naere anywhere in the lands."

Khylynnia recites:
"She lives and thrives in power"

Khylynnia recites:
"I know she exists because I have received several gifts from her over the years for my faithful and devoted service to her. If you wish, after this lecture is concluded, I would be happy to show you what she has gifted to me."

Five Question Pause during Lecture to answer questions people might have

Khylynnia recites:
"At this time, I will take the first five questions"

Arianiss raises his hand.

Khylynnia nods at Arianiss.

Arianiss asks, "You said three lesser races, are you about to expound on that? If not, what were the other two?"

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "L'Naere created the Aelotoi, this we know."

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "In a "round about sort of way...."."

Khylynnia chuckles.

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "What she is credited with is forming the Erithians and humans."

Arianiss nods.

Rovvigen softly says, "Wow didnt know that."

Rovvigen ponders.

Speaking understandingly to Khylynnia, Yardie says, "That would make sense."

Arianiss surveys the area.

Speaking cautiously to Khylynnia, Yardie says, "Similiar attributes, I presume."

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "And she has been THOUGHT of as having a hand in creation of the elves, but I do not have any proof of that."

Leafiara rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Arianiss nods at Khylynnia.

Arianiss raises his hand.

Khylynnia chuckles.

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia asks, "You have a second question?"

Dhairn quietly says, "Interesting."

Maze raises his hand.

Arianiss says, "Oh, let him go first."

Rovvigen softly says, "Maze first then Arianiss can ask."

Maze asks, "You said she lives and thrives in power beyond the veil. What do you mean by thrives in power?"

Khylynnia turns to face Maze.

Rovvigen softly says, "That is an excellent question."

Rovvigen smiles at Maze.

Speaking to Maze, Khylynnia says, "She has not grown weaker over the millenia as many would have thought because for the entire time the Aelotoi were on Bre'Naere, they worshipped no other Arkati."

Khylynnia says, "It wasn't until our arrival through the portal nearly twenty years ago that the Aelotoi started following other Arkati."

Maze asks, "Meaning her followers are providing her power, not the area beyond the veil, yes?"

Khylynnia nods at Maze.

Maze nods.

Rovvigen softly says, "So she thrives through worship."

Speaking to Maze, Khylynnia says, "Yes."

Rovvigen softly says, "Ahh."

Rovvigen nods understandingly.

Speaking to Maze, Khylynnia asks, "Did that answer your question?"

Leafiara stares into space, appearing to ponder multiple possibilities and potential nuances.

Bakarus darkly says, "This is certainly nothing Ive heard before. Quite interesting."

Leafiara grins at Bakarus.

Speaking to Khylynnia, Maze says, "Yes."

Yardie glances at Khylynnia and raises his hand.

Arianiss asks, "Do you have more details about how her domains were split amongst the arkati, or do you mean in the sense of how what we commonly think of as their domains today used to be her domains back then?"

Rovvigen softly says, "Then Yardie can go after Arianiss ask."

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "L'Naere's domains were divided, and as some believe, fought over by the other Arkati ater her death. I do not know if they simply passed from one to another, or if it was a struggle."

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "What I do know is that she was at the forefront of life and creativity in her existence."

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "No other Arkati has been cited as having a hand in the creation of ANY of the "lesser races"."

Bakarus nods understandingly.

Arianiss nods at Khylynnia.

Khylynnia says, "And that takes intense creativity and power to accomplish."

Rovvigen softly says, "I would imagine it would."

Rovvigen smiles.

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "I am not saying that she was greater than any other Arkati, just that she had power and talent for specific things."

Bakarus darkly says, "I had always assumed L'Naere was a bit of a lesser Arkati. I seem to have been mistaken."

Speaking to Arianiss, Khylynnia says, "I hope that answered your question."

Arianiss smiles.

Arianiss says, "It did."

Khylynnia smiles at Arianiss.

Rovvigen points at Yardie.

Rovvigen softly says, "Yardie please ask your question then after that is answered we will continue with the lecture."

Speaking nervously to Khylynnia, Yardie says, "Umm...this may be a dumb question, but in the limited studies of the Arkati, typically there is some sort of representation, plant, or item that is supposed to be symbolic of them. For instance, Kai is typically the fist, Ivas deals with wisp and sor forth. Is there anything that would represent L'Naere? I figure, if I could find something, my brother would appreciate some sort of tribute to show my respects to his beliefs."

Yardie fidgets.

Leafiara grins.

Khylynnia taps a silver-traced emerald L'Naere symbol that she is wearing.

Khylynnia removes a silver-traced emerald L'Naere symbol from in her spidersilk backpack.

Khylynnia offers Yardie a silver-traced emerald L'Naere symbol.

Rovvigen softly says, "Ahh nice gift."

Yardie accepts Khylynnia's L'Naere symbol.

Rovvigen turns to Khylynnia and cheers!

Yardie blinks at Khylynnia.

Leafiara proudly interjects, "Khy's the one who even figured this out through sheer research and determination."

Khylynnia begins chuckling at Leafiara!

Speaking confusedly to Khylynnia, Yardie asks, "It's....it's quite nice. Where can I get one for him?"

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "That one IS for him."

Yardie nods understandingly at Khylynnia.

Speaking humbly to Khylynnia, Yardie says, "You are....far too kind. I thank you. I thank you with all of my being."

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "Any time. I am glad I brought the spare, I would have brought more if I had thought of it."

L'Naere lecture continued...*

Rovvigen softly says, "Okay moving on with lecture, thanks for taking the questions Khylynnia."

Rovvigen softly says, "More questions will be answered after lecture is completed."

Khylynnia recites:
"We know nearly nothing of what lies beyond, and the Realm of Gosaena itself is fraught with danger and confusion, but what we do know is that through the Favor of Loriminstra, we are able to return from beyond."

Khylynnia smiles at Mikalmas.

Khylynnia recites:
"My belief is that at the time of L'Naere's death, the Ebon Gate was under HER control, and upon her death it was sealed. It was many years, if not centuries before Lorminstra could exert her control over the Gates, and by that time, L'Naere had lost her way in the Beyond."

Mikalmas grins.

Mikalmas gently wraps his hand around his silver sickle symbol and murmurs a softly spoken prayer.

Khylynnia recites:
"This is why she has been unable to return."

Khylynnia recites:
"The realm of Gosaena is full of decay and corruption, and over millenia, those who have not earned Lorminstra's Favor and are unable to return through the Ebon Gate, are twisted and corrupted. Their souls broken down and redistributed into the aether where they can then reform into a new soul to be spun back out into the world."

Mikalmas ponders.

Khylynnia recites:
"Souls of the Lesser Races take hundreds or thousands of years for this process to complete. But what of the souls of the Arkati and the Drakes?"

Khylynnia recites:
"These souls are of the purest quality as they were the first in existence. Decay of such a powerful spirit would take hundreds of millenia to complete."

Khylynnia recites:
"With this in mind, it is easy to extrapolate the changes that would have happened over the ages. L'Naere has been beyond The Veil long enough that her visage is now split down the center."

Khylynnia recites:
"Several years ago I had my first vision of her and I saw what she has become."

Khylynnia recites:
"On the one side, a woman of unspeakable beauty, beauty surpassed by only a small few Arkati. On the other, rot and decay have taken hold to such a degree that her disfigurement is unlike anything we can find on this side of the Gate."

Khylynnia recites:
"This damage has split her mind and, in my belief, she is now essentially two people. Teetering on the brink between creativity and insanty, L'Naere is now the Divided Arkati."

Chandrellia softly whispers aloud, "Life, and, death."

Khylynnia recites:
"As in all things, there is balance. Good and Evil are two sides of the same coin. Life and Death balance one another out."

Khylynnia recites:
"L'Naere has become the epitome of balance in this universe, and I believe that it is necessary that we seek to find any way possible to bring her back to this side of the Ebon Gate."

Yardie nods at Khylynnia.

Following Lecture more questions were asked

Khylynnia recites:
"I will return you to Rovvigen to organize any questions you may have."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"First off a huge round of applause for Khylynnia for her extensive study of L'Naere"

Speaking to Khylynnia, Mikalmas says, "Perhaps you and I will have a conversation another time about your thoughts on Gosaena's realm."

Speaking to Mikalmas, Khylynnia says, "I tend to think outside the norm on many things, so I would be very glad to have that conversation with you."

Rovvigen points at Chandrellia.

Chandrellia curiously asks, "I have two questions, the first being, if you were once human, how did you obtain those pretty wings?"

Speaking to Chandrellia, Khylynnia says, "Ah, that was an experimentation of the kiramon. over fifteen thousand years we were enslaved by them, and they did genetic manipulation on us."

Chandrellia shudders.

Yardie glances at Khylynnia and shivers.

Rovvigen softly says, "Sounds intense."

Rovvigen peers quizzically at Khylynnia.

Bakarus darkly says, "Indeed."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Khylynnia says, "Our bones are lighter, eyes were modified, wings added."

Chandrellia softly says, "The second is."

Speaking softly to Khylynnia, Chandrellia says, "Well they are pretty."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Khylynnia says, "My wings were actually a gift from L'Naere on my wedding day."

Chandrellia softly says, "The second is, was it forseen of your arrival years before you were here, there is a reason I ask this."

Yardie smiles at Khylynnia.

Speaking to Chandrellia, Khylynnia asks, "Our arrival here on Elanith twenty years ago?"

Chandrellia softly says, "Yes, have you uncovered anything that would tell if the people here had a thought of your arrival long before you did."

Speaking softly to Chandrellia, Rovvigen asks, "Are you refering to the Aelotoi?"

Speaking softly to Rovvigen, Chandrellia says, "I am yes."

Rovvigen peers quizzically at Chandrellia.

Rovvigen nods understandingly.

Rendena's silver ring pulses with energy. The pulsing fades and a shining gold amulet crested with a diamond remains.
Chandrellia's black leather jacket shifts and rustles a bit, the sounds of high-pitched squeaks emanating from it.

Speaking to Chandrellia, Khylynnia says, "I have not heard of anything of that sort, but til now I had not sought any information like that. I have been working dilligently uncovering the information I have."

Chandrellia smiles.

Speaking softly to Khylynnia, Chandrellia says, "Then perhaps the old wolves will aid in some light on that."

Yardie glances at Khylynnia and raises his hand.

Speaking softly to Yardie, Rovvigen says, "You can ask after Siggurd."

Chandrellia softly says, "Within its walls in the classroom is a mural that depicts winged humanoids."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Khylynnia says, "I would like to see that."

Speaking to Chandrellia, Khylynnia says, "Perhaps we can schedule an outing in the near future."

Chandrellia softly says, "I would be honored to show you when you have the time persnaly."

Speaking softly to Khylynnia, Chandrellia says, "Thank you."

Siggurd asks, "You mentioned a recent vision revealing the look and shift in demeanor of L'Naere after so many years beyond the veil. Has that recent revelation of the transition from her previous represenation of compassion, creativity and life to more a dichotomy of life and death caused any struggles with the devotion of her followers?"

Khylynnia takes a drink from her Twilight Reserve.

Speaking darkly to Khylynnia, Bakarus says, "Really excellently done. Your research is most informative."

Khylynnia turns to face Siggurd.

Khylynnia says, "Very excellent question."

Vraimar says, "I wish I could help you with your research, but I don't think that's possible. Your lecture was, in a word, perfect."

Speaking to Siggurd, Khylynnia says, "When our people arrived here from Bre'Naere, many of her followers converted to following other Arkati.."

Siggurd nods at Khylynnia.

Siggurd smiles.

Siggurd asks, "Have other races started to convert?"

Speaking to Siggurd, Khylynnia says, "I believe that her transition is a reflection of ours."

Speaking to Siggurd, Khylynnia says, "I know of only one non Aelotoi follower of L'Naere, but that does not mean that they are not welcome."

Siggurd smiles.

Siggurd says, "Thank you."

Speaking softly to Yardie, Rovvigen says, "You may ask your question now."

Speaking to Vraimar, Khylynnia says, "Thank you for your kind comments earlier. I really do appreciate them."

Vraimar smiles at Khylynnia.

Vraimar says, "You are welcome."

The dully illuminated mantle protecting Vraimar begins to falter, then completely fades away.

Speaking musingly to Khylynnia, Yardie asks, "So the wings are essentially a gift and a curse. A reminder of the pain inflicted on the Aelotoi by the kiramon, but something graceful and wondrous. The fact that L'Naere gifted your wings, would that not be a blessing, and a further representation of the balance and duality that L'Naere currently reprsents?"
Leafiara rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Rovvigen softly says, "Well worded."

Speaking amusedly to Rovvigen, Yardie says, "I am many things, I am often considered to be poorly worded. But thank you."

Speaking softly to Yardie, Rovvigen says, "I like the thought behind your question to be honest and represents the lecture Khylynnia put forward tonight in the constant battle between good versus evil."

Rovvigen smiles.

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "That is very well worded. Yes, our wings are both gift and curse, and they are everything you mentioned...."

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "Yes, L'Naere blessed me with my wings. I have a very painful history with my wings though..."

Speaking sadly to Khylynnia, Yardie stammers, "I....I...I'm sorry."

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "When I was a child, the overseers....the kiramon...they tore my wings from my body as punishment...."

Bakarus raises an eyebrow.

Bakarus takes a deep breath.

Rovvigen softly says, "The horror."

Rovvigen rubs Khylynnia.

Leafiara nods gravely.

Regwen flinches.

Siggurd shivers.

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "I went through childhood without them, as a teen I was experimented on and had new ones attached."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"If anyone has any further questions please whisper to me now"

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "They were in constant pain and it was a struggle for me."

Leafiara appears less confident and fearless.

Maze says, "I am waiting to see the other gifts she mentioned earlier."

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "Three years ago, on my wedding day to my wonderful Jhenni, L'Naere gave me these wings."

Speaking darkly to Khylynnia, Bakarus says, "Your talk was most enlightening, I am happy to have heard it. Sadly, I am out of time."

Speaking to Yardie, Khylynnia says, "I don't know if I answered your question, but I hope I did."

Speaking to Khylynnia, Yardie says, "You did. It was most educational and I think it brings me a bit closer to my relationship with my brother. I thank you for this....and for the gift for him."

At conclusion Khylynnia was kind enough to show her 3 gifts bestowed upon her by L'Naere

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Okay since there are no further questions we can move on to the gifts bestowed upon Khylynnia by L'Naere"

Khylynnia says, "Ah, the gifts."

Khylynnia says, "The first gift was my wings."

Khylynnia says, "The second was this tattoo. One day it was just there..."

Khylynnia shows you a tattoo of the Arkati L'Naere against a starry backdrop.

Greys and black swirls recognizable as The Veil cover her thigh, providing the background of a swirling galaxy of brilliant, multicolored stars. The galaxy gives the impression of spinning its way out of the center. A masterfully rendered visage of an Arkati stretches one hand out of the design and has latched her fingers into the surrounding flesh, while the other holds a small, platinum-haired Aelotian woman playing a harp. The Arkati's face, that of L'Naere, shows signs of both beauty and decay.

Speaking to Khylynnia, Yardie says, "I hope to introduce you to my brother. I believe he had a tattooed inked in her tribute."

Khylynnia says, "The third and final gift I have received is my blade."

Speaking to Khylynnia, Yardie asks, "What does 'L'Naereen'dar" mean?"

Khylynnia says, "L'Naereen'dar means Faithful of L'Naere in Aelotian."

Khylynnia shows you a blood-red static-charged tachi, which she is holding in her left hand. Bound together by arcs of sound, a blood red mist swirls and flows throughout the entirety of the weapon. The arcs solidify then release, creating what appear to be red bolts of static that crush and vaporize each droplet into mist in the air before moving on to the next. Throughout the length you notice the blood red mist formed into flowing Aelotian script spelling out the word, "L'Naereen'dar."

Speaking to Khylynnia, Yardie says, "Thank you for that. I only know one Aelotoi word. "Taer". It is what my brother's companion calls me."

Speaking softly to Khylynnia, Rovvigen says, "Wonderful gifts."

Khylynnia recites:
"It has truly been a pleasure talking with you all this evening. Thank you all for attending!"

Speaking softly to Khylynnia, Rovvigen says, "Thank you for coming and sharing your research with the Sphere and Scythe."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Thank you everyone for coming tonight it has been a wonderful experience"
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/15/2021 01:02 PM CST
Thanks for posting the log of this, Rovvi, I'm sad I had to miss it. :(

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/16/2021 09:54 AM CST

Same.

If Clunk was there he would ask which step of the Dragonspine Fane L'Naere is honored on?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/16/2021 03:59 PM CST
Hey Clunk,

Sorry you were unable to make the lecture, it was very informative. Khylynnia has done some amazing extensive research on the topic and I believe even published a book in the Twilight Hall Library in the Landing.

I asked Khylynnia about the steps in DragonSpine Fane in Zul Logoth and her reply was this, "Due to L'Naere's death some 500centuries ago, She would not currently hold a place on any step of the Dragonspine Fane. I am currently in the process of generating an official holy symbol for her and then at that point can see if we can get her added to one of the steps."

I need to make a pilgrimage soon to Zul Logoth due to the fact I have only been once.

Highest Regards,

Elder Seer Rovvigen Aniket
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/16/2021 04:02 PM CST
Somewhere in the back of my brain, I thought there was a vacated/empty/potentially blotted out shrine in the Dragonspine Fane for her.

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/16/2021 04:10 PM CST
Luxelle,

There is a place in Dragonspine Fane for a broken mural on the first step but there is no indication as to who it is for.
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/16/2021 04:14 PM CST
First of all, I would like to thank Rovvigen and the Order of the Sphere and Scythe for giving me the opportunity to speak on something so dear to my heart. The attendance was spectacular, and there were some phenomenal questions from the attendees.

Secondly I am EXTREMELY thankful to Rovvigen for relaying my messages to this forum post earlier as I have been having a lot of difficulty with my system at the moment.

Clunk, Thank you so much for reminding me of the Dragonspine Fane! It had completely slipped my mind and I am so very glad that you spoke up about it!

Luxie, I will definitely check out the Fane and see if I can find the location you are thinking of, and if so, I will repost the location and description of that step here.

Khylynnia SparrHawk
Aelotian Bardess
L'Naereen'dar
Sonic Researcher
Scrivener of Twilight Hall
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/16/2021 04:19 PM CST
<<Luxie, I will definitely check out the Fane and see if I can find the location you are thinking of, and if so, I will repost the location and description of that step here.>>

Khyllinia, I'm pretty sure she's thinking of the First Stair on the fane. I'm not sure how it could be definitively linked to L'Naere, but I'm sure its possible. Is L'Naere the only Arkati that we know of that died? Did she have any ties to Niima/Charl?

FIRST STAIR
Murals of Charl and Niima and one un-named.

look at mural

Curving along half of an adjoining semi-annular mural, the blue and white-tiled mural is comprised of hundreds of tiny glass pieces and is flanked by a broken mural. Bright azure tiles mingle with grey and white ones to create a fantastical thunderstorm that is interrupted by the image of an older man with a thick beard tangled with green seaweed. Stretching his arm downward from his position within the clouds, the man's shadow illuminates several aquatic animals that are swimming within a dark blue sea.

look at mural

Centered within the confines of a blue mural and the remnants of a broken mural, the aquamarine mural is a perfect circle. Grey tiles create the sleek forms of dolphins as they dart between aquamarine tiles designed to look like cresting waves. Perched upon the back of the center-most mammal is a beautiful-looking young woman, her body wreathed in shells and seaweed. Sheltered in the shadow she casts are several survivors of a shipwreck, who float amid colorful anemones.

look at mural

Occupying the eastern section of the floor, the broken mural is roughly semi-annular in shape and shares lines with two murals that are whole and well-preserved. No trace of the original colors used to create the design, or even what the design might have been, are evident, and any debris that could have identified the artwork has been removed.

~Mikalmas
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/17/2021 03:33 PM CST

From recall, each step of the DragonSpine seemed to have a theme.

(this is something Clunk would sense innately, but probably never be moved to actually voice)
Remember - he's just a simple dwarf.

The first step is the sea, and has a broken mural.
Second is forging, or making things.
Third step is martial arts.
Fourth is art, and has two blank places.
Fifth and Sixth are nature. The fifth has one blank place.
Seventh is entertainment, and also has two blank places.
Eighth is one I have trouble with categorizing with a theme, but ... cats?
Ninth is snakes.
Tenth and eleventh is death, undeath, and return.
Twelfth is chaos.
Thirteenth is pain and suffering.
Fourteenth is cruelty.
Fifteenth is knowledge (maybe?)
Sixteenth is love (or lust maybe).
Seventeenth is Leadership.
Eighteenth (and last) is the forms of enlightenment.

There are four or five places where murals are either blank, or broken.
I think 500 centuries would not predate the stairs, they too are ancient.
There is even a dragon rendering there for those who know to look for it.
There are also hints regarding the dragons that are linked to some of the Arkati.

If L'Naere falls within known history, then it would seem likely that she(?) may be associated with one of the
broken or blank murals.
If not, the closest to a moon or universe theme is Zelia.

As much as I hated to see a new deity added to the stairs, the choice made for Ghezresh was (in my humble opinion) the right choice - the stair associated with the sea.

(it is good to see some logic to the chaos, and also the other way about)

Clunk

Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/17/2021 04:54 PM CST
Hey Clunk is your play.net email setup? I wanted to talk to you about something
Re: L'Naere Lecture with Khylynnia 01/18/2021 09:13 AM CST

>>Hey Clunk is your play.net email setup?

think so

Clunk