Opening of Structure: Origin Story 03/30/2019 03:13 PM CDT
*The night of Friday, March 29th at 9PM (est) A crowd begins to wander into the Ocean View Room to await a celebration of The Sphere and Scythe's two day event to open their permanent home right outside the Landing*

The ocean and all of its majesty dance far below this man made perch. A bench of solid stone, carved from the cliff, overlooks a simple stone table. Dried flowers adorn the table, an offering by some unknown person devoted to the old ways. You also see some carved stone doors.

Mikalmas says, "We will begin the evening with Rovvigen telling the tale of how the Sphere and Scythe got its humble beginnings, for those of you who haven't heard the tale."

Rioja beams!

Mikalmas says, "While the beginnings are humble, his story is not."

Mikalmas says, "So settle in for about twenty minutes as he tells our story. Then we will proceed with the ceremony."

Rovvigen smiles.

Neopuron gazes in awe at Rovvigen.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Many months ago, during Frontier Days 5116, I was traveling with a troupe of Gypsies. A soldier of Chaston's Blameless known as Disean sought us out at the tent that we had set up for an event to provide spiritual readings for the locals."

Zaneon turns an inquisitive ear toward Rovvigen.

Rioja grins.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"I offered to provide him a reading with the Tarot. I cut my Tarot deck several times, before laying out the first card, which showed five gems, and explained to him this card represented loss, unemployment, money problems, and destitution."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"I explained to him that the tarot revealed loss and destitution. He and his blameless would not succeed."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"It was then that he explained he did not come for a reading, but to deliver one for me."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"His message was this: "Dark magic will be driven into extinction, and your demonic sight of the future, squashed. Continuing, he stated that "Your dark magic will not survive long in the new dawn."

Whiskyjack raises an eyebrow.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"After our event was over we packed up the tent and our other belongings. It was soon after that I and other Jastev followers began to see an old grey-haired man out of the corner of our eye."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"I turned to the old grey man and asked, "Can I help you?". The old grey man wandered off, beckoning me to follow. I asked, "Where do I need to go?"

Rovvigen recites softly:
"The old grey man appeared to me again and faintly whispered, "Call the children of tomorrow." He then repeated "Call the children of tomorrow. Those of the sight."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"I responded to the old grey man, "I am of the sight. Can I help you? The children of the sight are assembled. Bring forth your business. Our numbers are small, but our faith is strong. We will answer your call."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"The old grey man appeared out of the corner of my eye once more and whispered "Call the children of tomorrow. Those of the sight, and those of Jastev."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"I responded to the old grey man, "I am of Jastev. I am of Jastev and the two of sight are here." He never responded, but made his way towards Lake Eonak, where I and others followed."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Once at the lake, the old grey man whispered to me, "Make your sacrifice here, leave your gift. See what must be seen."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"So, I gathered my Tarot and offered them as my gift, my sacrifice. A brief gust of wind stirred about me, tugging at one of the cards in the middle of my deck. I released my hold on the cards, and one flipped through the air, fluttering on the wind like a feather before landing face up on the surface of the water. The image was that of two golden suns."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"The lake claimed this card, making a shimmer of grey light ripple across the surface of the water. Moonlight bent along the surface of the lake, and lines of silvery light stretched from shore to shore. Soon the lines began to curve, bending towards me as I stood at the edge of the expansive lake."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Those of us gathered felt a faint humming pluck at the back of our minds, but the sensation was elusive and quickly passed."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Channeling my gift of sight, Lord Jastev showed those gathered with me visions of the events that were taking place in Talador."

Rioja appears to be listening intently to something.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"The surface of the lake began to shift and churn, deepening to a solid silver light, no longer reflecting the sky and stars above, but appearing more like a stretch of captured moonlight."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the lake, the images churned and reformed. The icy peaks of mountains were still in view, but so were the wide, tall, fortified stone walls of a huge city. Stretching up above the walls was a large stone keep, and countless silver banners whose blue phoenix emblem flapped in the wind."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the lake, a blink of pale green light appeared in the distance. Soon after, a small flame appeared. Then another, then countless more. Like a roving sea of fireflies, the host of torches moved out of the dark of the wilderness, and towards the massive gates of the huge fortified city."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake, an army of white-armored crusaders appeared, the light of their torches cast an eerie, orange glow across their stone faces, shadows filling the creases of the crown-shaped scars along their bald scalps. They were countless, and before them walked another figure garbed in white, the collective torch light pale in comparison to the inferno of his golden eyes."

Luxelle shifts her weight.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the sea of crusaders approached the gates, where Hendoran soldiers lined the ramparts like a polished wall of steel. A voice, gruff and commanding, shouted down at the golden-eyed man and his army of Blameless."

Rovvigen clenches his crystal ball symbol and takes a deep breath. After a moment his eyes fill with a look of peaceful calm.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake, the golden-eyed man spoke. His voice was loud. His words echoed all around me, as if he stood before me. "Open the gates, allow Koar's work to be done."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake there was a loud cranking sound, and the wide gates of the city of Lolle began to open."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the golden-eyed man marched through the opened gates of Lolle, his army of Blameless flowing in behind him. As they entered into the streets, many in the back ranks of the Blameless stopped, slowly turning to withdraw crossbows from their flowing white cloaks. The Hendoran soldiers stood upon the ramparts, many unmoving, backs turned to the Blameless, their eyes still drawn to the outside of the city."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the echo of the crossbows was resounding. A line of bolts arced up towards the walls, where the soldiers' backs were still turned. Many cried out in surprise, as dozens fell out of sight, some tumbling over the walls, others gasping as the bolts dug into their backs or sides. Chaston paused for a moment, looking back at the gates they passed through, nodding as blood began to drip from the ramparts."

Rovvigen weeps softly, quiet tears falling from his eyes.

Luxelle shudders.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the streets of Lolle opened wide, many homes shuttered their windows. The golden-eyed man and his army continued their march, slowly approaching a hill where a huge stone keep stood as a looming sentinel over the city. At the base of the hill, a small army of Hendoran soldiers had already formed, weapons drawn, shouting at the crusaders as they approach."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake, flecks of light began to appear along the narrow and winding streets and alleys of homes and buildings. Suddenly, in between the Blameless and the Hendorans, crowds of townspeople bean to pour out into the streets, weapons and torches in hand."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the light of the townspeople's torches came into view, as nearly a hundred flooded into the streets. The glow of the torches finally illuminated the townspeople... and the light caught along the surface of their gold and white medallions and prayerbeads."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the cries of battle echoed out, as if all around me. The Hendoran soldiers paused briefly, and it cost them. The townspeople fell on them like vultures, clawing, fighting, slashing, stabbing, stomping, burning every soldier in there way. Having no other course of action, the Hendorans struck back, doing their best to defend and fight. Many of the townspeople fell quickly, no different than grain to a farmer's scythe."

Rovvigen groans.

Whiskyjack rubs Rovvigen.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the streets ran wet and red. Townspeople piled up, as did Hendorans, a sea of groaning, bloodied bodies. Soon the golden-eyed man moved forward again, he and his Blameless stepping over the sobbing, wounded bodies of both commoners and soldiers alike. Chaston made his way to the keep on the hill."

Rovvigen weeps softly, quiet tears falling from his eyes.

Rioja rubs Rovvigen.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the images shifted and churned, slowly changing."

Luxelle frets.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake a grand hall appeared. Its ceiling was expansive, decorated with huge banners, tapestries, and stone-framed windows. Columns of stone served as rows and rows of support for the huge chamber, their surfaces chiseled with patterns and other images."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the rest of the chamber came into view. Dozens of Hendoran soldiers stood before an old, stone throne, where a man of declining years sat, a parchment in his hand. There was little color left in his short, white beard. The light of the room's torches enhanced the color of the gold coronet on his head. His pale blue eyes looked up, as the doors of his throne room flew open. He let out an audible sigh."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the cacophony of battle echoed out once more. The throne room was a blur, a flurry of white, blue, and blood."

Rovvigen shivers.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"From within the water of the lake the sound of painful groans hung in the air. The carved stone columns were painted red with the blood of the soldiers, and behind them, dozens of Blameless rose back up to their feet, wounds healing as they pressed on. The Earl lay near his throne, hands almost as bloody as his blade. His blue and silver tabard was soaked with blood, his gold coronet fallen on the ground beside him. He coughed - blood, spit, and curses."

Luxelle buries her face in her hands.

Rovvigen clenches his crystal ball symbol and takes a deep breath. After a moment his eyes fill with a look of peaceful calm.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake the golden-eyed man stepped towards the throne, slowly kneeling beside the broken Earl. He placed a hand on his cheek, grinning wide, his golden eyes gleaming. With his other hand, he grabbed the coronet on the ground, then tossed it against a stone column, where it clanked and bounced away. The golden-eyed man climbed up onto the throne, as white-armored crusaders moved in around the injured Earl, jerking him up to his feet."

Rovvigen paces back and forth.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake a flash of green light appeared to swirl into existence within the throne room. Three white-armored crusaders approached it, dragging the bloodied Earl with them. They disappeared into the portal, as the golden-eyed man nodded approvingly from the seat of the Northern Sentinel."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Within the water of the lake churned one last time, and then returned to normal, reflecting the sky and the stars above."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"These were the visions shown to us by Lord Jastev, revealed through the use of my divine gift. These visions revealed the chaos caused by Chaston in Talador."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Shortly after this revelation, while the seers were gripped in their visions, I began to realize that my gift was much more than just entertainment for the locals."

Iseo sighs.

Rovvigen recites softly:
"So Mikalmas, a Priest of Gosaena, and I, a loyal follower of Jastev, answered the call of Jastev."

Rovvigen recites softly:
"So Mikalmas and myself gathered the children of tomorrow, true seers and believers. We formed the Order of Sphere and Scythe, vowing to protect those with the gift of sight. We pledged to share this gift with others, so that they too may see what the Arkati allows us to see."

Rovvigen bows.

Neopuron grins.

Rovvigen softly says, "Thanks everyone for listening."

Rovvigen smiles.

*The crowd give a round of applause*

Iseo says, "Thank you Rovvigen."

Whiskyjack quietly says, "I'm not liking that Chaston person."

Rovvigen softly says, "And now Ill turn the evening over to MIkalmas."

Speaking softly to Whiskyjack, Rovvigen says, "That was three years ago."

Rovvigen smiles at Whiskyjack.

Whiskyjack nods at Rovvigen.

Speaking to Whiskyjack, Mikalmas says, "Chaston was a very bad person. Though rumors and prophecy stir recently of Disean's return, possibly with the witch. Time will tell."