State of The Northern Fury Guard 01/06/2013 11:39 AM CST
For many years The Northern Fury Guard could be counted on to give aid to any town or shire that found itself under attack from evil forces. Our ranks were filled with brigades of those ready to lend aid whenever and wherever it was needed. Many times we traveled far and wide to do our part to defeat the forces that would beseige or destroy the innocent townsfolk of Elanthia.

Alas, the past few years have seen The Northern Fury dwindle to a memory, The Northern Fortress a silent Keep. No longer can we send brigades of battle hardened adventurers where aid is needed. No longer do the halls of the Fortress ring with the footfalls of the militia.

But the forces of evil have not slept. Across Elanthia the slaughter of innocents continues. Giants have threatened the quiet of Icemule. The Landing reels under the duel threat of The Brotherhood and Barnom Slim's restless soul.

One again I would call on any and all who have worn the Azure Star to find their way to The Northern Fortress. We will meet each Day of The Huntress at 10:00 elven to reforge old bonds and train together. On Feastday at 10:00 we will offer any services we can to adventurers.

Through drills and nights of service we hope to inspire any that might find common cause with The Northern Fury to join our ranks.

Our goal is to once again be a force that can be counted on in times of need.

Humbly and Hopefully Submitted,
General Olgretien Treefeller

PS - Me thanks te de elfish lad wut helpd wit de grammers an sech.

OOC Note: In the spirit of full disclosure The Northern Fury will likely lose Tier 3 status with the next MHO Event Status Report/MHO Updates from GM Reidyn. I am not sure exactly what reinstatement to Tier 3 will take. It depends on how far down we get booted. We are hoping to mitigate the demotion by holding as many basic events as we can this month. But there is no guarantee that will help, the rules are quite plain and it is too late to get qualifying events for last year. I just want folks to be aware if they are going to invest time that it may be awhile before we are a Distinguished Group again and the Fortress may be closed for some time.

Oh, and by we I mean myself and Bryft. He has sought me out and offered to try and revive The Fury. Anyone else that wants to jump on board is more than welcome. I am not a good promoter/recruiter and that has been a large part of The Fury's demise, any help is appreciated.

Olgre's pea brain
Re: State of The Northern Fury Guard 01/06/2013 12:19 PM CST
I am honored to part of this effort. I hope that others out there who are looking to part of something beyond the grind will seek us out.

-Bryft