Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/03/2020 08:47 AM CST
All, the following MHOs are in danger of losing their status at the end of 2020 for lack of activity. For T1 and T2, I am only counting MHOs with 0 events on record for 2020. For T3, I am only counting MHOs with 0 or 1 event on record for 2020. I'm trying to be very lenient since we've all had to just get through 2020, and it's been...well ::waves her hand all around:: yeah. ;) I will definitely take extenuating circumstances into account, but I need to know about them, so please reach out to me.

* Tier 1s who end 2020 with 0 events will be removed from the MHO system unless an officer reaches out to me with a plan to be active in 2021.
* Tier 2s who end 2020 with 0 events will be set at the new entry-level tier at the start of 2021 rather than moving to the highest tier.
* Tier 3s who end 2020 with less than 2 events will have their structures closed and be set to the new entry-level tier rather than remaining at the highest tier. Again, if an officer reaches out to me, we can come up with a plan to retain your structure, etc.

THOSE IN JEOPARDY:

T1
Witching Hour
Imperiled Few
Anglers of ELanthia
Council of Dark Elves
Skein and Stein Consortium
Magic Academy
Leya's Academy of Arms

T2
Legions of B.A.C.O.N.
Independent Crafters of Elanthia

T3
Moonshine Manor
Dae'randir
Looking Glass

Again, I cannot emphasize this enough...please reach out to me at gs4-mho@play.net with any extenuating circumstances, and I will work with you!

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/03/2020 11:53 AM CST
Is there still an indefinite moratorium on new MHOs?

I don't see any point in trying to save a T1 if its possible to start a new one, but if the only way to have something like the Imperiled few in 6 months time is going to be to get an active character to replace the existing officer, I'd try to push that.
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/03/2020 12:02 PM CST
I submitted an application last week for a new MHO and was told that, yes, they are on hold for now.
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/03/2020 12:04 PM CST
Wait a second? The Looking Glass is in jeopardy despite having run FashionFest earlier this year?! Email sent. Not happy about this at all.

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/03/2020 12:51 PM CST
> Is there still an indefinite moratorium on new MHOs? -- RATHBONER

I need to get the new system up and running (including all the background stuff that needs to be done), get all back stuff caught up (long-term benefits, final structures, etc), and then review how we're going to reopen and accept new applications.

Now, that said, I do try to multi-task whenever possible so that I don't delay somethig else overmuch. Looking at opening up new applications is definitely something I don't want to delay too much, but it will be a few months for sure.

> Wait a second? The Looking Glass is in jeopardy despite having run FashionFest earlier this year?! Email sent. Not happy about this at all. - CHIVERST

As mentioned in the email response, I only had one post-event report from your organization. Based on information supplied in your email, you will be fine once I get the additional PERs from your team. That's why I did this post -- to give everyone an opportunity to reach out!

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/03/2020 08:46 PM CST
If there are applicant MHOs who are hoping to be approved to exist when the new systems are up, can they hold unofficial events now and have them retroactively apply to their required events if/when approved? I realize there is a lot of backend work to he done on the GM side on all of this but ‘months’ is a long wait for enthusiastic people to run with an idea.
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/03/2020 08:59 PM CST
If you have a great RP idea that attracts attention and is fun for others why the need to be an official MHO? Go have fun, build a group, and when applications start up again you have a solid idea to work with.
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/04/2020 12:55 AM CST
>> Is there still an indefinite moratorium on new MHOs? -- RATHBONER

>I need to get the new system up and running (including all the background stuff that needs to be done), get all back stuff caught up (long-term benefits, final structures, etc), and then review how we're going to reopen and accept new applications.

>Now, that said, I do try to multi-task whenever possible so that I don't delay somethig else overmuch. Looking at opening up new applications is definitely something I don't want to delay too much, but it will be a few months for sure.

If opening up new applications comes in the future, in the spirit of encouraging MHO's to be more widespread among the various towns, would you kindly consider placing an allotment for how many applications will be accepted for new MHO's based on region

Example:
X number in Zul Logoth
X number in Cysaegir
X number in River's Rest
X number in Kraken's Fall
etc.

The Landing already has enough MHO's, I think.

^Conrash, dwarven cleric of Icemule and follower of Oleani
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/04/2020 06:43 AM CST
I think the Landing is the most popular for obvious reasons, but one of which has to be its the most RP generic of all of the towns. A big chunk of MHOs wouldn't fit in the Elven Nations, some wouldn't fit in the Empire and some wouldn't fit in Icemule-frozen land. The really tiny towns like Zul and Cysaegir would be really hard to run dedicated MHOs out of, IMO.

The Landing just allows for the most possibilities.
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/04/2020 08:12 AM CST
> If you have a great RP idea that attracts attention and is fun for others why the need to be an official MHO? Go have fun, build a group, and when applications start up again you have a solid idea to work with.

I can't agree with this enough. From what I have seen of the future plans, there is no benefit in trying to make a new group into an official MHO. Just go out and have fun.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: Inactive MHOs -Actions Needed! 12/04/2020 08:27 AM CST
>> If there are applicant MHOs who are hoping to be approved to exist when the new systems are up, can they hold unofficial events now and have them retroactively apply to their required events if/when approved? I realize there is a lot of backend work to he done on the GM side on all of this but ‘months’ is a long wait for enthusiastic people to run with an idea. -- PTOLEMY

This would be really difficult to try to manage. However, you should definitely be running events and building your organization outside the confines of the 'official system' because RP and player-run events are great!

Under the new system, it will be super easy to meet your event requirements, so you won't have any difficulties in meeting it.

>> If opening up new applications comes in the future, in the spirit of encouraging MHO's to be more widespread among the various towns, would you kindly consider placing an allotment for how many applications will be accepted for new MHO's based on region - REAKWON75

While I love this idea in general, applications have been rare enough in recent years that I'm not sure it's entirely feasible. I will definitely be excited to get applications in other towns besides the Landing, and I will take this under consideration to see how we can encourage new MHOs in other areas, for sure!

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM