MHO Updates! 05/18/2019 09:35 AM CDT
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to give everyone an update regarding Meeting Hall Organizations and the how we'll be operating together moving forward.

I have the privilege of working with a little over forty player-run organizations, each one with a unique purpose and style, as well as their own ways of engaging the player base through a variety of events. With such a large number of organizations, I am truly overwhelmed with the enthusiasm shown by officers and members alike, and it's truly been a pleasure.

However, the daunting task of managing forty organizations falls into one person's hands, and unfortunately it has been increasingly difficult to get to each and every e-mail request in a timely manner without sacrificing a little from every other MHO. That being said, effective June 1st, the following changes will be made to the Meeting Hall Organization system:

Applications for new Meeting Hall Organizations will be frozen, effective June 1st. While I do encourage you to continue your role play within the player community, I cannot accept any new applications after the above date, in order to allow myself more time to focus on the current organizations.

All current Meeting Hall Organizations must adhere to the yearly event requirements in order to stay at their tier, or risk being demoted or removed from the system.

Calendar requests must be placed at least one month in advance. I'll be adding a Google Form on the website to streamline this process.

All e-mail requests and questions to the current Meeting Hall Organization guru (myself) will have a 3 week turnaround for responses. As I mentioned before, there are forty plus organizations and while I strive to answer as quickly as possible, there are times where a message may be lost in the midst of other requests. If it's truly an emergency, please indicate so and I'll try my best to answer. This being said, I want to emphasize that I am simply here to help you and your organization organize and execute your events to the best of my ability. I am not here to moderate disputes between officers and members, so please use your discretion when appointing and removing your officers/members.

Effective immediately, I will be removing the ability to request merchant services for MHO-related events. Without going into detail, merchant services were never intended to be used as a private merchant session, nor to be abused with the use of multiple alternative characters for personal gain. This also applies to the usage and purchase of items within each organization's prize closets. These are meant to be gifts or rewards for participation in the above events, or tokens of gratitude. The prize closet system will also be overhauled in the near future, as we downsize from the large array of options that are currently available for requests. We will be moving to simpler items, so expect items with more complex scripts to be removed with the next update.

I look forward to working with each and every one of you going into this second part of the year, and hope that these changes help continue to foster great role play within our community.

Guru of MHO Things.
MHO ALL THE THINGS: https://sites.google.com/site/gs4mho/home

*Please e-mail me if you have any MHO related questions or concerns!*
Re: MHO Updates! 05/19/2019 06:49 PM CDT
Thank you for the updates, Elysani; we appreciate all you do for MHOs.

I can only surmise that the rule changes are due to abuses, and while we as players won't know who did what, the people involved know what they did. I really want to thank them for messing it up for the rest of us who used merchant services and other MHO perks as intended.

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: MHO Updates! 05/19/2019 08:09 PM CDT
Going to echo Lylia on both those statements.

MHOs, and the GM support that they are provided, are a driving force behind player driven roleplay and one of the things that makes Gemstone such a unique experience... Thank you for all you do, Elysani. And shame on those that game the system and ruin it for the rest of us.

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: MHO Updates! 05/19/2019 11:05 PM CDT
Shame, and eternal shame.

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: MHO Updates! 05/20/2019 02:55 AM CDT
The ladies before me have pretty much covered everything I was going to say but I just wanted to add a little more to my +1

MHOs are such a wonderful asset to the roleplaying community and wouldn’t be possible without all your hard work, Elysani. Thank you so much for encouraging and supporting us as you have done - and will hopefully continue to do so, albeit it in a limited capacity. It is completely understandable that you have to reduce your input when you are clearly overwhelmed by our seemingly endless demands and probably given very little thanks for it. Add to that that it appears your goodwill is being abused, then that just makes me angry. So, again, thank you!

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: MHO Updates! 05/20/2019 07:56 AM CDT
>> Without going into detail, merchant services were never intended to be used as a private merchant session, nor to be abused with the use of multiple alternative characters for personal gain. This also applies to the usage and purchase of items within each organization's prize closets.

OMG. Can't we just boot people for this kind of selfish (and crappy) behavior?

-- Robert

Wex winks before saying, "Cravin' some winterberry ale? Head on over to White Haven!"