wrayth error message on launch 03/29/2022 04:14 PM CDT
I have reactivated my account today and am getting the following error message when I start up wrayth (via the launcher with a new .sal file):

"Windows error:
unable to open the requested log file

Do you want to see more popup messages this run?

Yes No"

After I click yes wrayth starts normally and as far as I can tell everything works fine. I have not tried to click no, but I'd think that would not have any effect.

Could this be wrayth looking for a directory to save logs in? I last played on a different computer, so maybe it is remembering a location that does not exist on my current laptop. I cannot find any place in wrayth either where I could change locations or even a check on/off to save logs at all. Or are logs now related to lich, which I haven't reinstalled yet.

Anyhow, anyone have an idea what that error might be? Sorry if I am a bother but I think it's been five years since I last retired (in a long line of retiring and returning) and my memory has not gotten better, nor am I as tech savvy as I used to be.

Marc aka Caran...
Re: wrayth error message on launch 03/29/2022 04:48 PM CDT
<Could this be wrayth looking for a directory to save logs in? I last played on a different computer, so maybe it is remembering a location that does not exist on my current laptop. I cannot find any place in wrayth either where I could change locations or even a check on/off to save logs at all. Or are logs now related to lich, which I haven't reinstalled yet.>

You hit the nail on the head here... in the upper left of Wrayth there should be a window that has the various windows you can use with an eye and another symbol next to them (I'm not logged in to look at it). The eye toggles the window open and closed and the other symbol toggles logging of that window. Just click on the one that toggles logging and it should ask you where to save the files, once you select a file you'll stop getting that error message.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: wrayth error message on launch 03/29/2022 04:49 PM CDT
Select a folder for the files.... not select a file.... bloody no editing here....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: wrayth error message on launch 03/29/2022 05:13 PM CDT
Yes, that was it :-) . Now I only have to figure how I can change the error I just made. I don't think it's a good idea to flood my main wrayth directory with log files, that will get messy fast. I think I'm too tired to think straight right now, time to turn in for the night...

Thanks,

Marc aka Caran...