ASSESS not working on switchable polearm (spear) 12/11/2021 01:05 AM CST
Dear Simu,

ASSESS isn't working on switchable polearms like a spear which is the weapon in question.

I play a capped polearm warrior and trying to assess a spear with 3 or 4 services of Warrior Grit crit weighting.

I should get an easy reading, the spear is only 5x (+25) T2 ensorcelled.

Thanks!
Re: ASSESS not working on switchable polearm (spear) 12/11/2021 11:59 AM CST
Are you just getting the first line about strength/durability or are there a couple other lines?

If there are less then 10 services on an item, you'll get a message about it not being weighted/padded. This threw me off the first time I checked my plate I started working on, but if you look at the brackets below it'll tell you the number of services:

>asse my plate
You assess the plate for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the red steel plate has a base strength of 99 and a base durability of 590. You also determine the current integrity of the red steel plate to be at 100.0%.

Examining the plate closely, it looks like it is not padded against critical blows.

[Some blood red steel plate has a combat effectiveness rating of 0 points of Critical padding and a 70.0% chance to have a combat effectiveness rating of 1. It has 7 of 10 services towards the next full rank of combat effectiveness.]

Roundtime: 24 sec.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: ASSESS not working on switchable polearm (spear) 12/11/2021 02:13 PM CST
I'm able to ASSESS other items fine, I'm only having a problem with my spear which is switchable one-handed or two-handed.
Re: ASSESS not working on switchable polearm (spear) 12/11/2021 03:02 PM CST
I do NOT get the [] information. I have 202 ranks of polearms.
Re: ASSESS not working on switchable polearm (spear) 12/14/2021 04:43 PM CST

Do weapons give the same messaging as armor?

My minimally worked weapon also does not show the extra part in brackets showing less than 10 services.

(and that there sounds like awkward grammar)

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: ASSESS not working on switchable polearm (spear) 12/14/2021 07:28 PM CST
>> Do weapons give the same messaging as armor?

I can't speak to the "less than 10 services" messaging but general weapon and armor messaging appear to be the same:

[A barbaric mithril greataxe has a combat effectiveness rating of 5 points of Critical weighting and a 50.0% chance to have a combat effectiveness rating of 6. It has 10 of 20 services towards the next full rank of combat effectiveness.]

[A suit of finely forged dwarven platemail has a combat effectiveness rating of 10 points of Critical padding. It has 0 of 30 services towards the next full rank of combat effectiveness.]

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: ASSESS not working on switchable polearm (spear) 12/16/2021 02:34 AM CST
We can't get a GM to look at this problem?

So far I'm only having difficulty with my spear, which is switchable one-handed and two-handed.

Another of my characters is working on his sledgehammer. The messaging is correct even though the sledge has less than 10 services.

Begs the gods to respond... ASSESS is broken.

/LizardClan/
Re: ASSESS not working on switchable polearm (spear) 12/16/2021 02:39 AM CST
BUGITEM your spear in game and maybe put in an ASSIST. That's usually the best way to get GM attention for things like this.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.