Getting a new home with a Deed 10/24/2021 06:38 PM CDT
I know this isn't where this post should be, however, it has not received any answers in the Premium post area. I am hoping this forum is monitored by actual Simutronics employees. The following is the same post I placed in the Premium forum:

I just moved some characters to Wehnimer's Landing from Solhaven where I had a house. I now have a Deed, but am having difficulty finding any open homes. More disturbing is the fact that I cannot determine what type of house I had - I think it was an Urban Middle, but can't be sure and the Deed does not specify. What are my options? Is there a command to list all available homes in town? If there isn't an available home, do I just have to wait for someone to move out? Are new homes ever built?

Thanks for any help!
MattSA

I received the Deed yesterday, so I figure I have about 72 hours before something happens with the furniture. What happens if I have a deed and no house is available?

Thanks again,
MattSA
Re: Getting a new home with a Deed 10/24/2021 06:52 PM CDT
>> ore disturbing is the fact that I cannot determine what type of house I had - I think it was an Urban Middle, but can't be sure and the Deed does not specify. What are my options?

I don't think the deed is tied to any specific type of house. If you can find an open plot in the town you are looking to own a home, then you can claim the spot with your deed.

>> If there isn't an available home, do I just have to wait for someone to move out? Are new homes ever built?

There are multiple neighborhoods around each town. It may be that the neighborhood you are searching in is full but possibly a different neighborhood near the town has an available plot.

>> I received the Deed yesterday, so I figure I have about 72 hours before something happens with the furniture. What happens if I have a deed and no house is available?

I want to say that if you were issued a deed then there should be an available spot for you to use it? But I am not 100% sure on this so maybe not... Also no idea on how they manage existing furniture in a move situation.

Hopefully you get some better assistance in getting this figured out!

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Getting a new home with a Deed 10/24/2021 08:01 PM CDT
As far as I can tell from the documentation on Gemstone Wiki (Premium Home), a deed is strictly for Urban or Rural, as well as either Lower, Middle, or Upper class. Gemstone Wiki provides maps of all player neighborhoods, each room with a specific designation (Urban/Rural, Lower/Middle/Upper). I have checked all the neighborhoods using the HOME CLAIM command in each room, and no houses are available. I can check the neighborhoods outside of town, but was hoping for something in town. The questions still remain - how do I tell what type of home I purchased originally (I know it was Urban, and fairly certain it was Middle class) and what should I do if no Urban Middle homes are available? When I use the HOME CLAIM command in each room it simply generates a message of type 'no house of this type is available in this room'. I can hold onto the Deed, but figure there might be a command that lists available houses in each town, and if there isn't, am wondering how new houses are built? The documentation on Wiki provides the following:

'After paying for the a home, go to a room in a desired type of neighborhood that has a claimable home, and HOME CLAIM. The system will show a list of available homes and ask to confirm the claim.'

This does not seem to indicate a new home will be built, but more likely that a previously owned house can be claimed. Are new houses ever built? Should I sell my current deed to the Real Estate official in Wehnimer's, then buy a new deed? I think if I did this I would be in the same position with no house to claim.

MattSA
Re: Getting a new home with a Deed 10/25/2021 12:54 PM CDT
The type of home you purchased previously doesn't matter at all once you deed it. Turning it into a deed basically stores all of the contents your house attributed to that deed. The only thing urban/rural + upper/middle/lower class does is impact what the exterior of your home will eventually look like. When you deed your home, you lose your existing exterior and will get a "default" one for the room you claim a new home. Once you claim a new home location, you can then update the exterior by visiting the exterior furnishing merchants and finding the one that corresponds to the location type of your new home.

If you are getting a message in a room that there are no homes available in it, then that specific room is sold out of available homes. There are varying amounts of total homes that can exist in a single room, so some might have a maximum of only three while others might be able to have up to six.

Wehnimer's Landing is a very popular location for players to have their homes, so many of its neighborhoods are either close to full or completely full. You will have to find a neighborhood room that has available sites to claim.

If you sell your deed to the real estate office, then you will do so at a fraction of the total value of the furniture you previously had. It's certainly an option, but it won't change anything for you in terms of wanting to claim a home in a neighborhood that is already full.

I can't recall when neighborhoods were expanded beyond where they are now. I believe that the introduction of Mist Harbor's neighborhood was the last time they were expanded to allow for a new neighborhood and/or more home sites available to claim. The home system is both old and convoluted, and many GMs do not like to touch it because of its many oddities. This means that in order to find a home site, you will need to find a neighborhood that isn't completely full yet.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Getting a new home with a Deed 10/25/2021 04:43 PM CDT

That makes perfect sense, thank you! As I said when I looked on Wiki it has maps that designate each neighborhood room as Urban/Rural and Upper/Middle/Lower class - I thought these designations meant all houses in that room had to be of the designated type. Should I worry about the 96 hours period or just hold onto the deed until I find a room with an available house?

MattSA
Re: Getting a new home with a Deed 10/25/2021 05:21 PM CDT
I definitely recommend that you claim a home site (any home site) before the 96 hours is up. As a worst case scenario, after claiming a home in one location, you can always move it again to somewhere else down the road. In the meantime you won't lose any of the investments you've made on interior changes, furniture, etc. Good luck with your move!

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.