MAC problems 05/25/2020 02:17 PM CDT

I am unable to instal the launcher on my air or pro Mac books. After downloading the launcher I go to open it and it says it’s incomplete and gives me an error, anyone experience a similar thing or offer suggestions. I can get the exact error I am getting and post it later tonight. While lich sounds great I’m not technical gifted and wizard is what I used to play on and good enough for me. Thanks
Re: MAC problems 05/25/2020 02:28 PM CDT
Doug uses a Mac and Wizard, and I bet he swoops in to save the day any moment now!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: MAC problems 05/25/2020 09:31 PM CDT
>>I am unable to instal the launcher on my air or pro Mac books.

Have you downloaded and installed Avalon? Wizard is a Windows native application, while the Mac equivalent is Avalon. The first step to everything - getting into the game, getting Lich installed if that's your thing, even running the Wizard or Stormfront Front End under WINE on a Mac - it all starts with ensuring you can get into the game with Avalon.

And Avalon's actually not a bad FE.

Doug
Re: MAC problems 05/26/2020 09:01 AM CDT

I run avalon and it feels that its the red headed step child of wizard, but maybe i need to spend more time with it?
Re: MAC problems 05/26/2020 10:13 AM CDT
The biggest complaint I have with Avalon is the window snap-to-grid functionality and keeping the settings between sessions / characters.

Otherwise, it is fine as an FE.

But - since you have it up and running, we can discuss where you want to go next. :) We can do it here, or you can drop me a note at doug@play.net .

Doug
Re: MAC problems 05/27/2020 09:12 PM CDT

A few issues with avalon, I am comparing this to both the web browser and wizard (from my memory)

1. No script function that I can find.
2. The paths/dirs are not clickable or highlighted compared to the web browser, for someone returning to the game and toggling back and forth between maps is a huge headache.
3. The Mana/Spirit/health doesnt show stamina.

I would love wizard, but i downloaded it after installing stuffit and the files it opens are bugged, wont open or run the program. Says they are not supported or something. Again I am not a technical guy so not sure how much more information you need to help me trouble shoot this.

Thanks
Re: MAC problems 05/27/2020 09:33 PM CDT
That is accurate, concerning the Avalon FE.

I'm not sure about the 'toggling back and forth between maps' discussion. But I would recommend:

Avalon
Lich
w / Ubewbarwiz (gives you your stamina /spirit / mana / health)
w / xnarost (gives you all the lands' maps)
w / testme (or another variant) which will allow you to test most things you would look at the SF link click menu for
w / go2 rather than clicking on directions

I think that will cover it. I'm pretty sure that with the sole exception of 'underlined hyperlink menu', you won't be worried about anything you've listed. But I'm not clear on the 'toggling' comment.

If you're ready for Lich, try this: https://gswiki.play.net/Mac_Installation_-_Lich_(software)

Doug
Re: MAC problems 05/27/2020 11:46 PM CDT
> 1. No script function that I can find.

Avalon has a Wizard/SF Compatible scripting language. I remember having trouble finding where the files go, too.

I no longer use Avalon, the screen hijacking feature on looking back what just scrolled off made me completely crazy. So I am going to leave this here for another Avalon user to help you with!

But ... there IS scripting functions.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: MAC problems 05/28/2020 09:54 AM CDT
>>But ... there IS scripting functions.

Yes, but. . . can you actually get it to work, Ms Luxelle? I am pretty sure unless it was recently repaired that it did not function correctly.

Doug
Re: MAC problems 05/28/2020 02:55 PM CDT
Mister Doug! They worked for me once I got the script in the right place.

You know, the 10 days I used Avalon...

---
;tune towncrier
Re: MAC problems 05/28/2020 06:57 PM CDT
Wow! Ok, I am going back to school to see if I can figure that part out. That's cool. :) Thank ya, ma'am!

Doug
Re: MAC problems 05/28/2020 10:20 PM CDT
Home/Documents/Simutronics/scripts

I think. There are folders for each game inside there ... but I think they were red herrings. And the scripts (.cmd) go in the base /scripts folder.

~L.

---
;tune towncrier