I am having trouble getting stormfront to work on my computer since yesterday. 10/10/2019 09:05 AM CDT
I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but not working but I can't delete everything from my computer to re-install so not sure if this is the problem or not. It tries to open the .SAL file but then nothing else happens. Anyone else having this issue? Started to happen yesterday.

- Akanah
Re: I am having trouble getting stormfront to work on my computer since yesterday. 10/10/2019 09:07 AM CDT
Also, I should note...Windows did an update during this time and when I go to the download page, it mentions that ActiveX isn't enabled...wondering now...if windows changed my settings...do you need ActiveX? Can't remember.

- Akanah
Re: I am having trouble getting stormfront to work on my computer since yesterday. 10/10/2019 10:45 AM CDT
<do you need ActiveX? Can't remember.>

Yes, you won't be able to start the game from the WEB site if you don't have ActiveX enabled.

I've had security software turn it off when it updates before and it's always a pain.... but luckily it's an easy fix to just enable ActiveX again.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: I am having trouble getting stormfront to work on my computer since yesterday. 10/11/2019 09:27 AM CDT
I bet that is what it is...now to figure out how to get it back on...GOOGLE search. I have uninstalled and working with Chris at Simu too...but I am guessing this is it. The "turning it on" moved...too I think. It's not in it's normal spot. Windows 10...can be great but not when they do something that I NEED to be left alone lol :). Thanks!

- Akanah
Re: I am having trouble getting stormfront to work on my computer since yesterday. 10/20/2019 08:53 PM CDT
Just in case anyone else get this problem...it was with the recent update MS did at least on my computer. Basically it messed with something that corrupted the desktop icon from working (had to create a new one) and also my .sal association was cleared out (among other associations for other programs and games).

Thanks to Simu person who helped with troubleshooting. Once I got the SGE launcher working...I figured it out. Pain in the butt but figured it out finally.

- Akanah