Trouble getting things started 10/09/2019 09:11 AM CDT

After a multi year break from the realms, I decided give it another go last night. Upon going to the “go play” I loaded and ran the launcher/updater then loaded stormfront. After saving then running the file to load stormfront, it tells me I need to restart my PC for everything to take effect. After everything is loaded and it’s restarted, my computer doesn’t even want to load the gemstone IV website, the browser stays blank. Any and every other website loads fine.
I’ve tried this on two PCs, each ending up with the same issue. The first was the laptop I used to play GS on several years ago without issue, and the other is a much newer desk top.

Anyone have any tips for me, or was this just not meant to be?
Re: Trouble getting things started 10/09/2019 09:20 AM CDT
Can you share which website URL you are trying to get to that doesn't load?

Doug
Re: Trouble getting things started 10/09/2019 09:35 AM CDT

Sure. When I get home from work I can give full addresses if needed, but basically once the files are loaded from the downloads page, no gemstone play.net pages want to load. I’ll click my favorites link that would normally take me to the main page and it goes to white browser. If I hit reload it will come up, then I go to login and the same thing, white screen until I reload.. I do that routine until I pick a character to play as and that’s where all the reloads in the world stop helping. It asks to save a file (character name.something), and no matter if I say yes/no/maybe, it goes to blank browser...

Like I said, all nine play.net related pages work fine, and the effected page work great again as soon as I delete the stormfront and SIMU files from my PC
Re: Trouble getting things started 10/09/2019 10:12 AM CDT
I had the same issue when I was using Internet Explorer as my browser. Switching to Edge helped a little. Foxfire works for me. I don't have Chrome so I don't know about that one. In any event it could be your browser.
Re: Trouble getting things started 10/09/2019 10:37 AM CDT

I was thinking the same thing last night, but assumed since I was using an old PC that ran the game for years, that it would be fine.. I’ll give that a try when I get home. Thanks
Re: Trouble getting things started 10/09/2019 04:20 PM CDT

That did it! I loaded edge and now I'm in business.. Thanks again!
Re: Trouble getting things started 10/09/2019 06:31 PM CDT

Welcome back!

Good luck and have fun.

Askip

:D