Lich/Profanity and Fedora 04/06/2022 05:19 PM CDT
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'll try and hope it is.

I'm running Fedora Workstation 35 (up to date) and ruby 3.0.2p107, and followed the instructions for the gtk3 install. I try to run lich.rbw and get an error, and am wondering if't because the directions are for ruby 2.6 or 2.7, or something else.

Error follows:

preexec\<internal:/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb>:85:in `require': cannot load such file -- rexml/document (LoadError
from <internal:/usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb>:85:in `require'
from ./lich.rbw:41:in `<main>'

I tracked the path down, and it all seems to be there, but I don't know if things in the files should be different as I don't know ruby at all.

I haven't had to rely on Linux in a while and might just be missing something stupid because I'm a bit rusty. Thanks for any help though.
Re: Lich/Profanity and Fedora 04/06/2022 05:42 PM CDT
I'll answer here, but generally these questions would be in the 3rd Party section.

Ruby 3.0 changed the way the threading model worked. Lich5 is not ported to be Ruby 3.0 compliant. Yet.

The most current build of Ruby that works with Lich5 is 2.7.4.

Doug
Re: Lich/Profanity and Fedora 04/07/2022 07:27 PM CDT
Okay, that's what I figured and thanks. I got ruby 2.7.4 installed, and reinstalled all the gems. Lich ran fine, although getting through the fields was extremely slow. I ran the two commands to log in, and the first worked I think at least) but when I tried the command in the second terminal, this is the error I got:

1: from /home/ravager/lich-5/profanity.rb:38:in `<main>'
/home/ravager/lich-5/profanity.rb:38:in `require_relative': cannot load such file -- /home/ravager/lich-5/ext/string.rb LoadError
/home/ravager/lich

Looking at shown and hidden files, I don't see the /ext/ folder. Did I oops by chance?

Thanks for any help.
Re: Lich/Profanity and Fedora 04/07/2022 08:07 PM CDT
Okay, I got things fixed as far as I can tell, but no matter what, I get a traceback, and connection refused
Re: Lich/Profanity and Fedora 04/08/2022 08:14 PM CDT
If you do Discord, swing by the official Discord server, to the scripting channel. Tell Athias I sent you. ;)

Doug