Front End Update 01/30/2022 09:09 PM CST
We're rebranding our front end to Wrayth. This change is tentatively rolling out Monday afternoon. The initial launch will be an update to our installer, the Simutronics' Game Entry (SGE), and naming to Wrayth, with the goal of incorporating future QoL updates down the road to improve the gaming experience. The front end should look and act exactly as it did, but it's the first step in a series of milestones we have. A big thank you to our early alpha testers on this project.

To obtain this update, you simply have to launch the game via the SGE to prompt the install or launch Stormfront from the play.net website.

*There is a known issue with using a skin that is not the default. You will see an error popup and will have to reselect your skin by navigating to it in the Wrayth folder and reselecting it.
*There is a known issue with the install process reporting an error of being unable to find a Wise Uninstall file (part of the Stormfront uninstall process). Just click OK. The installation continues normally.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Front End Update 01/30/2022 09:23 PM CST
Will Avalon be affected?

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Front End Update 01/30/2022 09:51 PM CST
I don't think Avalon will be affected Luxie. I believe this is intended to get away from the negative name association created by StormFront.
Re: Front End Update 01/31/2022 07:16 AM CST
<I believe this is intended to get away from the negative name association created by StormFront.>

I had to google that one, fully prepared to eye-roll.... but yea, not a good association to have. Does kinda make me wonder about anyone that gets the association without having to google it though....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Front End Update 01/31/2022 08:30 AM CST
Given that several of the lists have had rather thorough updates recently (and Paladin, Monk, and Arcane aren't even present), is there any chance that the Wizard will get updated at some point, too?
Re: Front End Update 01/31/2022 02:21 PM CST
This is now live. You can update by simply using the SGE or you can head to the download page on play.net, link will be below.

Be sure to update the SGE first. If you are downloading the files, close down the SGE entirely and all instances of StormFront. This will save you a reboot.

There have been some known issues that only a handful of people have reported.
- The SGE freezes on launch. Just reopen it and it should be fine.
- Get an error while installing. Just click okay, it will fix itself.
- Performed the update out of order or used a third-party login. Just make sure you're in admin when installing.

https://www.play.net/gs4/downloads/

Wyrom, PM
Re: Front End Update 01/31/2022 02:22 PM CST
>>Given that several of the lists have had rather thorough updates recently (and Paladin, Monk, and Arcane aren't even present), is there any chance that the Wizard will get updated at some point, too?

Sadly, I do believe we'll be able to update it. It's considered retired.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Front End Update 01/31/2022 03:38 PM CST
I think you left EITHER an "un" or a "not" out your response. :)

But I get the gist...
Re: Front End Update 02/01/2022 04:21 PM CST
Yeah, meant to say DO NOT, but mobile posting and autocorrect got me.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Front End Update 02/06/2022 02:41 PM CST
In my experience, the update went entirely painlessly. Thanks for a smooth rollout, and I'm looking forward to updates to Wrayth! (Especially the action button window - looking at you, specifically, un-removeable quickstike button.)
Re: Front End Update 02/10/2022 08:26 PM CST

My old computer finally died (hard).

My new computers won't download and run the launcher or Wrayth.

Not going well here ...

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Front End Update 02/11/2022 08:35 AM CST
Are you just trying to log in through the website, Clunk? Or are you trying to download / install?

Try the former if you haven't given it a shot, yet.

Doug
Re: Front End Update 02/11/2022 06:22 PM CST

I muddled through it all last evening, and have one of the newer 'puters set up to run the wizard.
Will not be playing as much until I can get back to setting up a 'Gemstone Only' computer.
The best thing about that old set-up was the only thing that ever communicated externally was the SGE, Wizard, and OS stuff needed for network set ups.

Total memory in use at run-time on the old machine was about 100K when everything was up and running.
On these new ones, basic idle time usage is somewhere around 1G or so.
All that to keep at the ready things that are never used.

<grumble> all that red dust makes us ill <grumble>

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)