Weird scripting problem 02/01/2021 03:10 AM CST
I have a weird scripting problem that I wonder if anyone has any ideas on. I play on Avalon, and I mostly use Lich for scripting, However logging in through Lich takes longer, so there are a few things I would like to be able to do on the Avalon native script engine, like spellups. And for some reason, I can't prep spells in a script with Avalon's script engine.

If I enter "prep <whatever spell number>" in the command line, it works fine. However, if I put "put prep <whatever spell number>" in a script, I get "That is not something you can prepare." The "put" scripting command works for entering everything else in the command line, but not for prepping spells. "Put incant <whatever spell number>" gives the same result.

This is not a huge deal, since, as I said, I mostly play on Lich and only want the Avalon script engine for quick utility scripts. But I would like to figure this out if anyone has any ideas.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Weird scripting problem 02/01/2021 07:58 AM CST
Just a random suggestion as a possible workaround - try using the spell Mnemonic in place of the spell number?

-- Robert

>> You tremble and can barely hold onto the mithril greataxe. You estimate it must be worth over a hundred million silvers!
Re: Weird scripting problem 02/01/2021 02:22 PM CST
Hmm. I could try that. Thanks. I'd have to look them up. Or email Robert (Krakii) for them, since i know he uses them. :)

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Weird scripting problem 02/01/2021 02:25 PM CST
Interesting. Yes, using the mnemonic does seem to work. I still find that weird, but it does what I needed it to. Thanks.

--David

Re: Weird scripting problem 02/01/2021 03:16 PM CST
While I'm thinking of it ...

Can you please refresh my mind WHERE the Avalon Scripts go on the hard drive folders? I do not use Avalon often, let alone by itself, but if I need to crack it open, I would be back at ... "There was a trick to this and I cannot remember what it was. Let's try a script and keep moving it around until I find the right folder."

:)

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Weird scripting problem 02/01/2021 09:56 PM CST
>Can you please refresh my mind WHERE the Avalon Scripts go on the hard drive folders? I do not use Avalon often, let alone by itself, but if I need to crack it open, I would be back at ... "There was a trick to this and I cannot remember what it was. Let's try a script and keep moving it around until I find the right folder."

For Avalon native scripts, it is Documents>Simutronics>scripts.

--David