Avalon and Macros 04/24/2019 08:33 AM CDT
Having some issues using simple macros in Avalon.

If I go to the macro set up menu some of the macro letters under the 'command' section have the word 'reserved' in them.
When I try to change it to say - stance off - it reverts back to reserved.

A lot of the buttons there are 'reserved' and it's basically stopping me hunt as I gave up trying to get lich to work.
If anyone has any help it would be really received gratefully, thank you.
Re: Avalon and Macros 04/24/2019 09:02 AM CDT
>A lot of the buttons there are 'reserved' and it's basically stopping me hunt as I gave up trying to get lich to work.
If anyone has any help it would be really received gratefully, thank you.

I don't use Avalon, so I'm not familiar with it. Nor do I use Apple so I'm not sure on their special keys on the keyboard or key combos you could use for macros.

However, with Stormfront I change the alt-s macro to enter in:

stance

(there's a space after the word stance).

When I need to change my stance I just quickly press alt-s so it inputs "stance " and I just need to type in def/gua/adv/for/off (for whatever stance I'm in need of) and press Enter.

I use alt-s because I think that's what the Wizard FE used (been so long since I used that FE and maybe I'm just remembering wrong) and when I moved to Stormfront this was the closest thing I could do to keep stance changing easy and fast for me.

I'm not sure how useful this tidbit is for you or if you can setup something similar. Just thought I'd share to maybe help give you an idea.
Re: Avalon and Macros 04/24/2019 10:36 AM CDT

Thank you for your input, I remember the heady days of using normal, useful and simple programs such as stormfront. I WISH I could still use it.
Macs are so unbelievably awkward to get gemstone on. Actually that's not terribly true. Its just the macro thing.

Thanks for your help, I'm seriously considering giving up Avalon and finding another way :)

thanks again