Kalistra 01/31/2019 08:33 PM CST
To Kalistra,

I just wanted to state that I am a little hurt that during a raffle drawing, I was singled out for practicing my rogues guild stun maneuvers. There were two AFK unstunners and yet I was threatened and asked less than professionally to stop and if there was something going on between myself and the other unstunners. All of this could have been handled with an OOC whisper and cleared up. I was passing the time working on a skill, which is in character for myself. I wasn't bantering or RPing with the GM. And so my time appeared to be less productive and bothersome than the others involved.

Like any situation in Real life. Even if legal and within my rights, If a Law keeper asked me to cease, I would comply. All that would have taken is an Identifying remark (Whisper OOC) that she is a GM and please stop disrupting others with whatever. Please for future interaction, just communicate with compassion and empathy and I will respond in kind.

Sorry for the disruption,
Mobi
Re: Kalistra 01/31/2019 09:54 PM CST
For what it's worth, I asked two of the four people who were automatically unstunning you to kill their script because the commotion disruptive. One of them acknowledged and ceased; the other was unresponsive. It seemed like you were taking advantage of the mob of people hoping someone would be blindly scripting in a manner that was beneficial to you.

I didn't see anything wrong with her asking you to stop.
Re: Kalistra 02/01/2019 03:53 PM CST
I was curious about this (as I was there). I didn't know that Kylistra was a GMC either until she started spinning. This came up recently at a Ta'Vaalor thing, too. When GMs use their in-character personas to ask people to change behavior, characters may respond IC that is in a way adverse to what the GM wants. When that happens, sometimes the GM gets upset because they're a GM and they asked someone to stop something. Meanwhile, the other person has no idea they're being asked to stop by someone of actual authority who is intending to use their authority and it leads to issues. I am hoping that when a GM asks someone to do something and they expect the person to comply, they're also sending a [SEND]?

Naamit
For what it's worth, I asked two of the four people who were automatically unstunning you to kill their script because the commotion disruptive. One of them acknowledged and ceased; the other was unresponsive. It seemed like you were taking advantage of the mob of people hoping someone would be blindly scripting in a manner that was beneficial to you.
I didn't see anything wrong with her asking you to stop.

I assumed that the OP was trying to work on stun skills because it's less easy to get an adequate number of people for any of these crowd skills. It didn't bother me at all. What I'm confused about right now is "It seemed like you were taking advantage [...] hoping [...] blindly scripting in a manner that was beneficial to you."

I thought when you were doing stun maneuvers that you didn't want people to unstun you?

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."
Re: Kalistra 02/02/2019 01:49 AM CST
yeah the unstuns were entertaining to me, as I was getting the RT for failure OR the train for performing the StunMan shield before the Scripted Unstun was cast at me. I was waiting for the raffle to pull like everyone else. Honestly if the scripters had not been casting at me, no one would have said anything I am sure. But it wasn't bothering me one way or the other, just broke the waiting monotony, so... I practiced anyways.
I didnt even know Kalistra was a GM at the time. Just someone being IC, as I was responding in kind.
Re: Kalistra 02/02/2019 10:33 AM CST
Part of the problem could be that you were being "noisy" in a large crowd. If a large number of player characters are congregating in any given room, it's generally encouraged to reduce the screen scroll as much as possible. It is of course impossible to reduce this significantly unless the room is silenced, but we can all do our part to minimize our scroll impact by turning off ambients and not practicing guild maneuvers, etc etc in these instances.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Kalistra 02/02/2019 04:13 PM CST
Ooh, I see. Stun skills don't require crowds and the OP was getting the maneuver in and then able to try again immediately from being unstunned. I think I understand what Naamit was saying now. (I don't have any characters in an actual working guild.)

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."