Marco help 07/16/2015 04:24 AM CDT
I'm using a simple Marco to hunt with my wizard...

\xstance offense\rincant 9XX\rstance guarded\r

I would like to add a search command to the end of it to expedite my laziness. Can't figure would the command that would do it. After the "search" portion of course.

Any help?

Thank you
Re: Marco help 07/16/2015 07:01 AM CDT
loot is the command you need to add

\xstance offense\rincant 9XX\rstance guarded\rloot\r
Re: Marco help 07/16/2015 07:11 AM CDT
Of course... Thank you
Re: Marco help 07/24/2015 09:28 AM CDT
What is the command to reference my "targeted" creature in a marco? I'd like use it for other marcos.
Re: Marco help 07/25/2015 01:13 AM CDT
"TARGET" will set which creature you want to attack.

Thereafter, just the general command should affect that target. For example:

TARGET KOBOLD
ATTACK

This will result in targeting the kobold, and then swinging your weapon at it. You can continue to 'attack' and the same target will be applied until its demise and subsequent search / decay.

TARGET DIONKET
INCANT 509

This will set the character Dionket as the target, and then all subsequent spells will be cast at Dionket. This usually results in preparing a character for a hunt, and then forgetting to change the target, so that later. . .

INCANT 918

Then smokes the poor character, assuming that character is still in the room.

Which brings up a general TARGET point -- if the previously selected target is not available for the action, then a random target is chosen. This is the same as saying:

TARGET RANDOM

One use of this in a macro might be:

/xtarget ?/stance off/rincant 906/rstance def/r

This will cause a prompt to pop up in which you have to type in the target you wish to cast at, and then immediately casts 906 (Minor Fire) at that target.

For the most part, premium players can put up to three or four commands (depending on connection speed) into a macro. Non-premium players may put in two, or three commands. In general, the advice is to separate these commands in a logical pattern.

/xtarget ?/
/xstance off/rincant 906/r/stance def/r

This logical grouping means to select a target, and then subsequently cast the spell. The benefit, you may walk into a room of kobolds and not really care which of those kobolds eats the spell, so you don't waste time with the first macro (target), you just get busy with casting.

Doug
Re: Marco help 07/25/2015 05:30 AM CDT
I appreciate the responce.

Let's say I do the following;

target orc

kill
kill
etc..

Orc is now dead. Was trying to make a marco to;

skin <TARGET>\rloot\r

What would the <TARGET> command be so that I don't have to have another window popup and I have to retype orc. Its a really long word....
Re: Marco help 07/25/2015 08:31 AM CDT
Ahh, yep - sorry.

To access the 'last creature' command, use \a (and sorry for getting the slashes backwards, etc. . . I needed more beer!)

\xtarget \?\r
kill
kill
\xskin \a\r

Doug
Re: Marco help 07/25/2015 01:00 PM CDT
Perfect! Thank you
Re: Marco help 07/25/2015 01:09 PM CDT
Welcome!

Doug
Re: Marco help 07/28/2015 08:17 AM CDT
some commands accept target e.g.

prep 312
target orc
\xstance off\rstow staff\rchannel target\r
.skin orc

(too much going on while skinning for me to fit in a macro so I use a short script for it)
Re: Marco help 10/13/2018 08:09 PM CDT

where do you put the .skin script or how did you make it??