Issues with Lich 01/17/2014 06:31 AM CST
Not sure where else to ask this, so here it is.

I've installed Lich, entered the game using it, and this is what I get:

You have unread news articles. Click view to see the first new article.

[United Bank of City-States]
Thick aubergine carpeting and heavy dark green velvet drapes help to muffle sound inside the bank, but the faint clink of coins can still be heard filtering from behind the bank's teller, who sits patiently waiting to help the next patron. A small but elegant wrought iron chandelier hangs from the ceiling above, its amber glaesine globes casting a warm hue across the room. You also see a silver sign.
Obvious exits: out
>
--- Lich: lnet active.
--- Lich: updater active.
--- Lich: infomon active.

LichNet welcomes you, Cruush
www.lichproject.org - gittip is totally a thing: www.gittip.com/matt-lowe

[infomon: checking stats...]

The chaotic sounds around you indicate that the power of the law in this region is currently inactive! You would be wise to seek shelter elsewhere, as your safety cannot be guaranteed!

>
[infomon: checking skills...]
>

This is apparently the first time you've run updater.lic

These scripts have been added to your update list: updater, repository, lnet, infomon, spell-list.xml, go2, narost, gameobj-data.xml
Lich has been set to update automatically.
map.dat has been set to update automatically.

If you'd like to change these settings, kill this script (;k updater) and use ;updater help
Otherwise, unpause this script to continue. (;u updater)

--- Lich: updater paused.
[infomon: checking society...]
>
[infomon: checking citizenship...]
>
[infomon: checking combat maneuvers...]
>
[infomon: done]

Then ... nothing. ";"+ anything doesn't work. Can someone throw me a bone?

Thanks!

CH
Re: Issues with Lich 01/17/2014 06:42 AM CST
Thanks everyone, crisis averted.

Turns out, the problem is that I'm a moron.

CH
Re: Issues with Lich 02/03/2014 08:47 PM CST
Please explain what happened? <looks nervous> I don't THINK I'm a moron yet? Maybe I will after the explanation? I'm not saying I know anyone who has had this exact same problem, or currently has the same problem... but...
Re: Issues with Lich 02/04/2014 02:31 PM CST
There are a couple of things that I think may cause that. The first is not actually unzipping Lich. It has to be fully unzipped. The second would be not having the script files in the correct place. But it's not something that would just pop up someday. It's usually a first-time user error.

~Lyradie
>With a startled yelp, a young elven child suddenly tumbles from somewhere above you, landing gracelessly in a pile of refuse!