No Script Folder 01/01/2014 12:06 PM CST
Been away from the game for a long time, but have recently returned.

I like/use the Wizard interface and don't use or really care for StormFront.

Used to be, when the Wizard tool installed, a SCRIPT folder (and a MUSIC folder and something else) would be automatically put in the SIMU>WIZARD folder. However, after I spent time recording scripts (i.e. Solhaven to Landing, Landing to Icemule), I discovered that these scripts could NOT be edited because the path could not be located (i.e. There was no Script folder where it was supposed to be).

Manually creating the folder did not seem to remedy the issue.

SOMEWHERE, these script files are on my computer, but I haven't a clue as to where.

Is there a way to resolve this so scripts can be properly edited and found?

Any help would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Re: No Script Folder 01/01/2014 12:39 PM CST
From the Wizard menu bar select Scripts-->Edit Scripts. Select any of the files there (or create one using the Wizard menu then save it first). This will likely open up your script in Notepad. In Notepad select File-->Save As and note the file path displayed when you do this (it will default to your script folder).

Hope that helps!

-- Robert
Re: No Script Folder 01/01/2014 12:41 PM CST
Also, the path on my Windows 7 computer is C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMU\WIZARD\Gemstone\Scripts\. I don't believe I did anything custom when installing so this should be the default path.

-- Robert
Re: No Script Folder 01/01/2014 03:14 PM CST
Thanks for the advice/information.

When I try and edit a script in the way you described (and which was the way I remembered editing scripts long ago), it DOES open the notepad, but when it does, I get an error message that says "The system cannot find the path specified" and the notepad page is blank. Even when I manually type in the steps and I try and save it, there simply is no path to the script folder.

Now, here's what's odd: I created a layout I like and went to save it. When I did that, it opened up the SIMU<WIZARD folder, and by gosh, there was the Gemstone folder with Script, Music, etc. Needless to say, something weird is going on and I'm still not certain what will fix it.

Btw - I also have Windows 7 and that SHOULD be my path as well (shows that it would be) - there's just no folder there when I do something with scripts.

Weird....
Re: No Script Folder 01/01/2014 09:25 PM CST

my scripts are in my download folder because I forgot to direct them to the GS one and dont alwasy show in a search as my windows keeps different user folders and not all are admin privileged.