BADNAME Policy 04/05/2020 07:47 AM CDT
There is a character in Ta'Illistim with the name Trurnp. It is patently easy to see that the "r" and "n" side-by-side look like an "m" and that this is an intentional reference to Donald Trump. This name has apparently been reported so often that you immediately get a canned "this name does not violate naming policy" response.

Does not violate naming policy? Are you kidding me? How lax are we going to allow these rules to get?

Avaia, player of
Re: BADNAME Policy 04/05/2020 08:47 AM CDT
My FE is still set to Courier (or some functional equivalent; "a non-proportional font", whichever it may be) and saying that name out loud looks like... somebody with a lot of consonants in their name.

Now, if the character has a goofy raccoon-tan and approximately the worst hair-do known to mankind? YES, then I can see it being an intentional reference.
Re: BADNAME Policy 04/05/2020 08:51 AM CDT
Interesting, I saw it as someone misspelling Turnip for kicks (you know, like turnip farmers aka newbies) and didn't even go that route, but I can see what you mean. However, unless they're really being OOC and showing that's what they mean by it, it probably doesn't violate.

~Heathyr
Re: BADNAME Policy 04/05/2020 09:50 AM CDT
Time to roll up "Obarna"?

-- Robert

>channel my maul
You channel at a hefty mithril maul.
You make an astoundingly inept attempt! Success!