AFK scriptors 12/13/2019 10:13 AM CST
Is anyone bothering with responding to reports at all lately?

There have been several AFK scripting groups that have invaded RR lately that have been pretty annoying when their scripts get stuck in loops doing the same actions repeatedly. There's one at the moment repeatedly entering the commons, surveying the area, and leaving again every few seconds.... and they have been allowed to continue doing so quite a while after being REPORTED.

I don't really expect them to get in trouble.... but at least moving them somewhere they won't be bothering players that are actually at the screen would be nice....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: AFK scriptors 12/13/2019 05:03 PM CST
I had someone in herbalist house in the landing, try to buy something, not have enough silvers and then run out (most likely to the bank).
3 seconds later, he did the same thing.
I kept trying to ask questions if he needed help or
needed some silvers to purchase something
a half dozen times, but never got a response.
The screen scroll he was creating
was giving me a headache while
I was trying to browse the shop and make purchases.
I tried talking to him a couple
more times, but never got a replay and....
So I dragged him through the curtain/door to the backroom.

I got to ask him again if he needed help or wanted silvers and such to buy something, but got no response.

I finally got to spend the couple of minutes I needed buying and bundling up herbs and checked on the guy again, but still no response from him. So I left him be and went about my way.

I had people do this at the NPC locksmiths, too. If I can't drag them some place and get them to stop if they're not responding, I report them.

The most irritating scripters are the ones that are post cap several times and are maxed out on skills/spells and they run through Nelemar just casting 550+ bolt AS at everything they pass and kill steal. They don't search the kills, just cast and move on. Recast 515, spam bolts as they walk through all the rooms. Recast 515, spam bolts as they walk through all the rooms. Thankfully I don't come across them very often, but it's irritating as hell.
Re: AFK scriptors 12/13/2019 10:36 PM CST

>I got to ask him again if he needed help or wanted silvers and such to buy something, but got no response.

Thuunk managed to stalk one of those one time. They were buying herbs, taking them somewhere else to trash them, then going to the bank.

I assumed they were working hard to gain trashcan experience.

redefines 'pay to play'.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: AFK scriptors 12/14/2019 07:25 AM CST
>> I assumed they were working hard to gain trashcan experience.

That or trying to gain citizenship in the town maybe.

-- Robert

Wex winks before saying, "Cravin' some winterberry ale? Head on over to White Haven!"
Re: AFK scriptors 12/14/2019 07:41 AM CST
>> The most irritating scripters are the ones that are post cap several times and are maxed out on skills/spells and they run through Nelemar just casting 550+ bolt AS at everything they pass and kill steal. They don't search the kills, just cast and move on. Recast 515, spam bolts as they walk through all the rooms. Recast 515, spam bolts as they walk through all the rooms. Thankfully I don't come across them very often, but it's irritating as hell.

Welcome to the new behaviors being driven by the redesign of 925 - Enchant.

That and the bot-armies seem to be on the rise these days (I call them that whether the one player running them all is responsive or not). I'm not sure if that is as a result of the 925 redesign or just in response to the overall pay to win direction of the game - "You want to add a basic flare to your weapon?!? That will cost you $$$ or 20 million silver!" It takes so much in game currency to buy basic non-fluff perks these days that I think it is discouraging casual players (who don't want to throw piles of $$$ at the game) and driving more "dedicated" players to come up with more and more effective ways of farming the game for the piles of silver needed.

-- Robert

Wex winks before saying, "Cravin' some winterberry ale? Head on over to White Haven!"