Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/01/2019 09:50 PM CDT
Are realm flaring weapons supposed to be player enchantable under the new system? I know that it can technically be done. Is it allowable?
Re: Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/02/2019 07:43 AM CDT
Under the gswiki ( https://gswiki.play.net/Enchant_(925) )

No - Realm Flaring items are not player enchantable (at least under the old system)

If you're simply casting 925 at the item to see how difficult it may be to enchant, it will tell you that you can, but it doesn't mean that you really can do it.

Unfortunately, nothing official has actually been given to players on what scripts changed to be player enchantable and which ones still are not. The only thing mentioned was that the updated 925 was brought in line to function like 735 (speculating anything 735 can be used on, 925 should work as well). We're still waiting on the final adjustments and with it having taken almost 6 months since the updated 925 was pushed out, we just got the NPC for exchanging potions....don't expect anything soon.

The last big update to 925 after the EL Review, wizards were promised a fixskill and it was never given.

Sadly, it may be a long while before some of these things are ever addressed. I wouldn't and won't hold my breath waiting for answers on some of these things....usually we're never told or informed of changes and we just need to stumble across it on our own.
Re: Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/02/2019 08:41 AM CDT
Yes, you can enchant realm flaring weapons.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/02/2019 10:35 AM CDT

Thank you!
Re: Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/02/2019 11:20 AM CDT
So long as you are here, what about defender weapons?

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/02/2019 12:18 PM CDT
Yes, defender weapons too.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/02/2019 12:40 PM CDT
>Sadly, it may be a long while before some of these things are ever addressed. I wouldn't and won't hold my breath waiting for answers on some of these things....usually we're never told or informed of changes and we just need to stumble across it on our own.

We requested a more lenient (longer) transition from old-style to new-style enchant. My sense is that many of these things are ready, and have been for some time, but they will not be released until the end of old-style enchanting.
Re: Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/02/2019 12:52 PM CDT
Is anyone making a list to document the answers?

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: Is it allowable for players to enchant realm flaring weapons? 10/04/2019 03:49 AM CDT
Its a lot easier to list what you cant player enchant. Off the top of my head

Coraesine
Kroderine
zelnorn
Shadowdeath weapons
Black steel weapons
Urnon

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"