Feature alter denial 03/09/2019 03:49 PM CST
I've been anxiously awaiting getting a feature alter for my gnome since I returned to the game 10 years ago. Finally got my first feature alter since then, and I was told my idea didn't fly today. I wanted to change my height field to say "He is wee." But that was denied because I was told 1) it was a Scottish word and not English and 2) it would be confused as urine.

Using a little common sense, this is preposterous. 1) It's not Scottish; it's of Scottish origin. A quick internet search reveals that: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/wee

2) Yes, "wee" has an alternate definition of "urine" but when you say the phrase "Look at that gnome. He is wee," literally zero human beings would think "Oh, that person's talking about piss!" This is where context clues come into play. Is the word "tinkle" not used in any messaging in game? Can we not get things altered into "rods" because they could be construed as phallic?

I'm not upset with the GM running the merchant. I'm upset with the over-protective policy that made it so this wouldn't fly. This was my #1 customization goal for this character and I was astounded that this wasn't permissible.

Glimmin Goodhand
Re: Feature alter denial 03/09/2019 03:56 PM CST
Oops, should say "ten months ago." I don't mean to exaggerate.

Glimmin Goodhand
Re: Feature alter denial 03/10/2019 12:45 AM CST
Yea.... um.... the way I play Starchitin MAY have been indirectly responsible for reason #2 being mentioned.... sorry bout that.

I swear, pee on ten or twenty elve's boots and they label you for life... it's not like they didn't deserve it! Well... there may also have been a GM or two...and a merchant...and some raffle tickets.... but they all deserved it too!

If it makes you feel any better, I was told in no uncertain terms that I would never be getting my white flask altered to have yellow stains around the lip of the flask....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.