Room designs 04/10/2018 04:50 PM CDT
Not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions, but i didnt see a place for this.

When designing a room, does the bit at the end of the description "you also see xxxxx" count against the character count?

Also i saw no military references. So would this include paintings of battles and other general artwork?

I got fired from the keyboard factory....turns out i was not putting in enough shifts
Re: Room designs 04/21/2018 12:29 AM CDT
>>>When designing a room, does the bit at the end of the description "you also see xxxxx" count against the character count?

Your intuition is correct; the "You also see" bit is not a part of the actual room description in most cases (sometimes special, scripty rooms don't follow this).

>>>Also i saw no military references. So would this include paintings of battles and other general artwork?

There are many, many references to medieval/mystical battles in paintings, on mosaics, sewn into tapestries, and otherwise depicted on other props. I've seen a lone wizard taking on an army of kobolds, a field full of dismembered corpses, you name it. We try to stay away from modern "military" terminology, but the Elven Nations have their own approach to battles and legions, so you could check there.

Does someone have you building rooms? Private property? Just curious, because there may be other rules under certain circumstances.

GameMaster Necios
Overlord of Icemule Trace
Champion of subject/verb agreement
Honorary BADNAME committee chair

The ghostly voice of Dirvy softly says, "Just shove my soul back in me where it belongs."
Re: Room designs 04/21/2018 12:13 PM CDT
thank you for the information and the reply Necios

The Alliance of High Elven Society is in the process of brainstorming ideas for the building/manor/structure/whatever for the group. I've kinda been going crazy with ideas and designing but I want to make sure they fall within the guidelines, those two questions were a little unclear for me after looking at the website instructions found here: https://sites.google.com/site/gs4mho/ultimate-mho-guide/permanent-structures

A question you may be able to answer though is, many of our group would like to have a sephwir tree in the courtyard, I know through the documentation on wiki that nobody has been able to grow one outside of Yuriqen. Would that mean we wouldn't be able to get one in our room description? We are based outside of Ta'Vaalor if that helps.
Re: Room designs 04/21/2018 12:18 PM CDT
>>>A question you may be able to answer though is, many of our group would like to have a sephwir tree in the courtyard

That would best be addressed by your lovely guru GM Elysani, GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET.

GameMaster Necios
Overlord of Icemule Trace
Champion of subject/verb agreement
Honorary BADNAME committee chair

The ghostly voice of Dirvy softly says, "Just shove my soul back in me where it belongs."
Re: Room designs 04/21/2018 12:19 PM CDT
Awesome, thanks again!

I got fired from the keyboard factory....turns out i was not putting in enough shifts