Looking for a Friend 04/21/2020 12:42 PM CDT
Hello!

I played this game once yeeeaaars ago (didn't get very far at all), and a friend of mine recently pointed out its existence to me again. So I've made a new character (Aelotoi Rogue) and I'm ready to give it another go! So far I've done the little sprite tutorial and ran around town a bit. I've also managed to wander outside and get myself killed, only to be raised by some very kind players who I hardly knew how to thank properly. I may have panic logged out when I got teleported to town and multiple people were trying to interact with me. That was definitely embarrassing. (But thank you to the kind souls who helped me)

There's quite a bit I'm still figuring out how to do. I don't know how to OOC whisper someone, and when I tried to give someone silvers the game told me I had a debt to pay off first?? So I'm still struggling with some aspects of the game.

As much as I love a huge friendly community, just standing in the town center gets overwhelming with so much happening at once. Would anyone be interested in making friends and doing some stuff together one-on-one, or in a small group? I intended to play a more standoffish character, so I wanted to poke around here before I go fumbling around in the game like a semi-coherent potato again.
Re: Looking for a Friend 04/21/2020 03:42 PM CDT
Welcome back!

OOC WHISPERS: to do this type WHISPER OOC PERSON MESSAGE (IE: whisper ooc Arianiss How did you do that action you just did?)

DEBT: If you have a higher amount of debt you can sometimes get it taken care of by trying to withdraw money from the bank. Otherwise you need to go to the debt collector's office in whatever town you have the debt in. I recommend seeing if someone is willing to show you, or poke around Moot Hall a bit until you find it.

As for making friends...

Unfortunately, the forums are not a super active place. Definitely a resource, but I think you'll have better luck joining the GemStone Discord ( https://discord.gg/KF9Wr8u ) and asking there in the "general" or "role-playing" channels.
Re: Looking for a Friend 04/21/2020 05:19 PM CDT
Welcome back!

As you can see the community in GS is really super helpful.

Another helpful command when in town is DIRECTION. By itself, it gives a list of important places to visit. Using DIRECTION PLACE will help you get to that place. I would recommend DIRECTION SILVERWOOD. Silverwood Manor is the home of the Mentors who are veteran players dedicated to introducing newer players to the fantastic fantasy world of Gemstone!

If you really get stuck please use ASSIST and someone on staff will help you out.

Good luck and have fun!

FGM Netz
Worlds Team
Congress of Ghosts 5118