New Player perspective 01/18/2020 12:38 PM CST
Hello folks Just a little observation im makeing here just started last night in GS been playing DR for many years and have a 195 paladin,Been trying to learn the new commands new favor/deed system combats /stance etc been to mentor society twice to ring bell get a few answers bolth times i was simply whispered a ooc link to gswiki then asked if they could help with anything else...i know the link to GSwiki reason i rang the mentor bell is to get in game help if mentors are there to simply point you to GSwiki a sign sitting there will do the same thing..Was just disapointed went to society to get ingame help and just get pointed to a website.a little player interaction from yer mentors might help keep a few new players who don't want to spend hours reading about the game but who would prefer learning a few basic things from players or mentors...Just my 2 cents for what its Worth.
Re: New Player perspective 01/18/2020 04:38 PM CST
MDDELEREE,

Hello and welcome to the LIGHT side!

I was a 20-year DR Refugee 5 years ago when I started a new character in GS. While I did play GS up until 1995, it was pretty much a different game when I returned. Even the names of places and things had changed.

Please contact me (Luxelle) via Lich, ESP, or Discord (Luxie on the GS Discord) for any assistance I can be. The learning curve is stiffer than people know for people converting from DR. You will find the official GS Discord at: https://discord.gg/KF9Wr8u

Nimaera started a guide that may be helpful at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eqPWsSq7MsQN0yVjlsJu-a2GjjooWIN4zofsnu92ZTk/edit?usp=sharing

I found GS to be full of RP, well cared for by both staff and players, full of unique events, storylines you can get involved with, and has constant development going. on. It was worth the 4 weeks of effort it took me to get my head in GS and out of DR. :) I'm not good at mechanics, it'll probably take you less time.

If you use Lich, I wrote a script called ;whatis to help with the lingo, terms, initials, and all those spell numbers that all the players toss around. It will help a lot.

Find me. I remember your pain!

~L.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: New Player perspective 01/19/2020 01:25 PM CST
It wasn't me but I would likely do the same tbh, as the wiki page more clearly explains a complicated system and would be a useful tool in addition to followup questions.

Also, obtaining deeds is considered an in game puzzle(s) and cannot be adequately revealed to help you directly in an official role. The wiki thus would be more clear as to what you may have been looking for in that instance.

Luxie has great info as well and the most experience migrating from DR. Discord as she mentioned is also a very valuable tool but again any replies in that official server can not show the exact puzzle solution if that is what you needed.