Missed the summer19 return promo but found the after6! 10/16/2019 01:58 AM CDT
First, Hello to all who read! GS(III)IV has always been something I bring up every now and then with friends when we talk gaming. I always seem to get an itch every few years!

With the release of "Classic" (meh), and talking to said friends about "first MMO's" I tell them again about my days of killing rats, bleeding to death and running to the Town Square getting fixed up by the local Empaths! They laugh, text based "blah blah".

It brought back memories of the old AOL days as a kid when I could type faster than everyone, pick out key phrases in the mass scrolling of any WL Town Squares, and the nostalgia of playing a game I loved, just to have fun and enjoy(what a concept)!

I digress...I missed the opportunity for the Back4Summer, but saw the Backafter6 code and decided to just jump in again with my (newest) old character once I remembered the account name!

Always loved the mechanics, exploring new areas(damn ghost wolves catching me off guard when they head towards those rabid squirrels), reading the lore that I could find in and out of game, and honestly just reading the room descriptions!

I've never been great(hell, even good at RP), but found that maybe that was my missing link in the game when I make an attempt to come back every few years and try again.

So with my already WAYTL;DR!

How does a returning Nebwlet like myself get involved and enjoy the other half of this adventure with others besides just randomly trying to RP??

Thanks for getting this far(props if you have)! Found my 14 Seasons Dark Elf Rogue who enjoyed picking his own boxes(plus lowbies Thyril boxes) at the Well in Icemule, died a lot, saved his gems for deeds at the Temple in Icemule, and genuinely interested in finding my place in Elanthia again!
Re: Missed the summer19 return promo but found the after6! 10/16/2019 02:11 AM CDT
Welcome home!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: Missed the summer19 return promo but found the after6! 10/16/2019 08:25 AM CDT
How to find out stuff: read the GSWiki. I routinely go to see the 'Recent Changes', and then when I'm done I click on 'Random Page' a half-dozen times just to see something to make me go, "Huh."

How to get involved: stand (or sit) around and talk to people. Just spend time where there are people, and be involved with them. You'll be surprised how often you'll get into things.
Also, if there is some kind of continuing storyline going on--Landing is still one of your best bets for these--jump in.
If you have not already, join a House and/or MHO; they frequently stage events, so that can get you into things.

And yeah: welcome home. :)
Re: Missed the summer19 return promo but found the after6! 10/16/2019 10:41 AM CDT
The News archive is a great place to start:

https://www.play.net/gs4/news.asp

Some of the links could lead to ... housecleaned ... messages, but at least you will know what to search for at the gswiki :)

I returned after 20 years. It was a whole new game to me. I started with a new character. :) No regrets on that.

1. Don't sell a thing until someone you trust has given you good advice about it.
2. Make COPIOUS use of the Mentors at Silverwood Manor. (DIR SILVERWOOD)
3. People are going to tell you to install Lich. I'd wait at least a month. But that may have just been me.
4. To keep up with the current goings on, subscribe to the TownCrier daily email: (I might be biased...)
https://gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

P.S. You have arrived in the middle of the month-long Ebon Gate Festival, and it is both hectic and quiet.

~L.
---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: Missed the summer19 return promo but found the after6! 10/18/2019 01:28 AM CDT
Well, first I appreciate the responses! 2 Days in I hit my 15th train, still getting acclimated to everything again but it is going along smoothly and just enjoying it!

I did download Lich, mainly for the go2 script and some interesting time saving ones, completely changed the game(my favorite so far is Narost, having a map to look at without having to completely swap out of the FE is nice, used to print those out and shuffle through the the pile of papers). With that, not using any hunting/selling scripts.

First few days in have been fun, more or less it has been relearning verbs(cant tell you how many times I "l in long coat"), emote RP'd with a few people that were screen scrolling me to oblivion with some /chuckles and /flails. realized that I still think like old GSIII where training is set instead of training what works for me now at my trains, I'd love to lock pick again, and will, but as of right now those points have helped me in getting my PF/Arcane Symbols?/CM/ etc up.

Anyway, been catching up on the News, Subscribed to the Town Crier, reading Lore and other articles. It's been a nice contrast to the other Online Games I play(not recently though!)

Hope to get my hands wet a little bit more interacting with other players soon! Yet again, thanks for getting this far in the read!