Enchiridion typo/missing word 06/27/2012 09:36 AM CDT
It's amusing that with all the big fancy words thrown into this thing that there is a typo/missing word.

I think the passage is supposed to read:
you will need TO be prepared

>read my enc
It reads:

Welcome, Friend.

Thank you for your dedication and demonstrated willingness to join the Order of the Lorekeepers. While Silverwood Manor has existed for a mere half decade, our order and the goals it espouses are timeless.

Within this brief guide, you will discover what a prospective Lorekeeper ought to be, and what one must be. If you do apply and succeed in becoming one of our brothers and sisters, you will need (TO) be prepared to uphold a standard of education and learning not commonly achieved in Elanthia. It is not only a tradition of learning, but one of morality and upholding what is right in the world.

We strive always to be a torch, lighting the darkness of ignorance, and welcome the addition of your flame to ours.

The Lorekeepers.

>turn my enc
You turn your brown leather enchiridion to page 2.
>read my enc
It reads:

Necessities for the Prospective Lorekeeper:

A prospective Lorekeeper must fulfill several requirements before he or she may even be considered for membership in the Order. These requirements are the standards by which we live, but in rare cases, exceptions or adjustments may be made.

1) A prospective Lorekeeper must be of at least twenty trainings.

2) A prospective Lorekeeper must be of good social standing in the sight of all. This does not mean a Lorekeeper may not be of a dark following, but only that the Lorekeeper comports himself or herself appropriately.

3) A prospective Lorekeeper must be willing to dedicate, as a bare minimum, ten hours a month to mentoring and attending Lorekeeper meetings.

4) A prospective Lorekeeper must be known for consistency of action, never breaking with established form or channeling strange tongues in times of worry.

5) A prospective Lorekeeper must be able to work independently and with others with equal alacrity.

6) A prospective Lorekeeper must have fair knowledge of the lands in which we live.

>turn my enc
You turn your brown leather enchiridion to page 3.
>read my enc
It reads:

Suggestions for the Prospective Lorekeeper:

A prospective Lorekeeper should prepare for application by a variety of means. These are only suggestions, but they may aid one's acceptance into the society and ease success once that acceptance is gained.

1) A Lorekeeper should know kindness and gentle behavior, but also understand when to be stern.

2) A Lorekeeper should have a drive to help others, as that is the sole purpose of Silverwood Manor.

3) A Lorekeeper should realize that possession of true knowledge includes realization of one's own limitations and the limitations of learning itself.

4) A Lorekeeper should be patient with all, excluding neither honored friend nor despised enemy from this rule.

Though a small list, these four things are very important in the prospective Lorekeeper.

>turn my enc
You turn your brown leather enchiridion to page 4.
>read my enc
It reads:

The Order of Lorekeepers is not for everyone. Success as a member calls for not only a certain generous mindset, but also the capability for extending one's patience and perseverance to preternatural limits. As a corollary, no Lorekeeper is perfect, nor can perfection be learned. Therefore, the main point to recall about the Lorekeepers: we are a society dedicated to improvement and enlightenment.

Again, we thank you, reader, for your interest in the Order of Lorekeepers. Should this guidebook be lacking in any specific information that would be instrumental in your choice--to join, or not to join, as it may be--our Manors exist in Wehnimer's Landing, Icemule Trace, and Ta'Vaalor.

We welcome and strongly encourage your prompt application.

The Order of Lorekeepers.
Re: Enchiridion typo/missing word 06/28/2012 02:30 PM CDT
>>I think the passage is supposed to read:
you will need TO be prepared<<

Not necessarily. An older form of grammar, not commonly used today, might be in play here. "Need be or needs be", omitting the "to"; as in "Before going adventuring, the wise adventurers need be properly prepared".

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me