Mentor Applications 04/10/2012 07:14 PM CDT
Just a quick question here, for anyone who can answer...

Are the applications that were sent (via the website, prior to the April 1st deadline) being reviewed yet? If so, can we know when abouts we might hear back on yes/no/maybe so decisions (and, if not, can someone say how long, in general, it normally takes between submitting an application and receiving some sort of response?)? :)
Re: Mentor Applications 04/11/2012 12:38 AM CDT
When I submitted my application last go around I received a response within a week or two. It came by e-mail so make sure to look out for that. (Spam folders, etc)
~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Mentor Applications 04/11/2012 05:19 PM CDT
Hmmm.. yeah, I've been checking my email (and spam folders) pretty regularly, and haven't gotten anything. Also been checking the "Apply" page on play.net here, and haven't seen any "reviewer's comments" yet, either.

I'll give it to two weeks from the April 1st deadline, and then I guess I'll email the GM who posted the news/announcement about it.
Re: Mentor Applications 04/11/2012 05:29 PM CDT
She may have more applications in then she did last time. She'll get to you at some time though! Paersi is awesome.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Mentor Applications 04/16/2012 11:48 AM CDT
Bumping this, since I haven't gotten any feedback (email, "reviewer comments" on the Mentor application page, or here from a NiR) yet. :)
Re: Mentor Applications 04/16/2012 01:31 PM CDT

Speaking from personal experience, I am a mentor and have been for a bit now, when I sent in my application I got no feedback, nor answering email. In fact I actually kind of forgot that I sent in my application when I got an email requesting an interview. I'm hoping that in the future we can change that, we do try to get in touch with all applicants to thank them for their application but we've had a very high level of interest this time around. I'm familiar with who you are and next time I talk to Paersi I'll personally ask her about your application and get back to you as soon as I possibly can. We are happy that so many people are interested in making Gemstone IV a better place and we will be looking into EVERY applicant because we want your input to help the Mentors be a better place.

-Naitalya
Re: Mentor Applications 04/16/2012 01:59 PM CDT
Hello!

I remember when I applied to mentors, I had a similar experience as Naitalya and I can see why it would be frustrating. I will look into ways of improving the application process and I appreciate your feedback.

For the sake of transparency, I will tell you that when I get an application, I have to go through a rather lengthy (yet necessary) process to determine if an applicant is eligible. After that, we typically set up an interview. This time around, we had the happy misfortune of having almost 30 eligible applicants. (Which I admittedly squealed with glee over!) Because the student Mentors participate in a community-style training led by our Training Council and other mentors, it is important to keep the class sizes small. We typically take no more than five people per class.

I have begun setting up the first interviews for the upcoming class. If you did not receive an email, that does not mean you will not receive an email in the near future. We will absolutely be working our way through the entire list of eligible applicants.

Thank you so much for your interest!

-Miss P
Re: Mentor Applications 04/16/2012 02:30 PM CDT
Yay for answers! :D

Thanks Naitalya and Paersi, for the insight, and confirming that things are still in motion. It really is very appreciated. :)
Re: Mentor Applications 08/13/2012 08:15 AM CDT
::bump::

Just a small bump, looking for confirmation (again, heh) that things are still in motion, since I haven't heard anything. :)
Re: Mentor Applications 08/13/2012 08:30 AM CDT
Might wanna check yer spam folder and make sure any messages weren't sent there by mistake and make sure the email account tied to play.net is account you think it is.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Mentor Applications 08/13/2012 08:58 AM CDT
Good call... I have been checking my spam folder, haven't seen anything there. Checked to make sure, and the email address tied to my play.net is still good.
Re: Mentor Applications 08/13/2012 06:13 PM CDT
Mmmm! Can you do a bump and grind?

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: Mentor Applications 08/15/2012 11:18 AM CDT
That really isn't relevant to the topic at hand...
Re: Mentor Applications 08/22/2012 09:22 AM CDT
::gentle prod:: Still interested, and haven't heard anything, either here or via email.
Re: Mentor Applications 08/24/2012 04:30 PM CDT
Please email me directly with any questions or concerns!

GS4-Paersi@play.net

Thanks,
Miss P
Re: Mentor Applications 08/24/2012 09:45 PM CDT
>Please email me directly with any questions or concerns!

Does this include concerns about food stuck in the teeth? Geeze Woodchuck Hard Cider is kicking my fanny.

PS - Do ENN members qualify for mentorship. Dear God I hope not. That would be one heckuva mess.

- Anonymous