kylan berries 12/12/2019 09:36 AM CST
While playing around with FORAGE SENSE, I noticed a foragable called "kylan berries". For whatever reason, this piqued my interest and I went in search for more information about them and found....absolutely nothing.

The wiki has absolutely no mention of it at all, including the flora guide (complete listing my arse!)... the only GS site that even lists kylan is the GS4 Room Data site, which only lists where it can be foraged. The only real world references I can find about "kylan" at all is as a boy's name of Gaelic origin (and apparently didn't even exist as that until 1990!).... even several botanical sites had no knowledge of this plant!

I have no idea why this is bothering me.... but this mystery MUST BE SOLVED! If there is truly no existing information about this, I will create my own gnomfficial (TM) documentation and create a page on the wiki for it! You have been warned!

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: kylan berries 12/12/2019 12:48 PM CST
Neat. It's an ICE age herb. According to ShadowWorld Master Atlas 3rd Edition, stats are as follows

Kylan berry
Climate: severe cold (frigid)
Terrain: Wasteland
Locale: the North
Frequency: 20/100
Preparation: Chew
Cost: 45gp
Effect: 2x strength (double concussion damage, +10 to hit) 4 rnds.
Addition factor: 35.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: kylan berries 12/12/2019 02:40 PM CST
>I have no idea why this is bothering me.... but this mystery MUST BE SOLVED! If there is truly no existing information about this, I will create my own gnomfficial (TM) documentation and create a page on the wiki for it! You have been warned!

The wiki needs a player flora section for all the flora and information on flora that the official one is missing and has wrong. (Mist Harbor is dire, almost everything is absent or wrong, I think its based on Frostacres flora. Plus the climate/terrain information has all got lost in transit from the old website)
Re: kylan berries 12/12/2019 02:41 PM CST
Wow, FLASHBACK! Well done!

Maybe this only happens on Friday the 13th when there is a one in a million chance of running across something from 1995...

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: kylan berries 12/12/2019 03:10 PM CST
Huh... never woulda guessed it would be a relic of the ICE age... I suppose that means it won't be sticking around the game much longer once NIR sees this thread.

If anyone collects flora of Elanthia, there's two rooms in Aeia's Gardens outside the Citadel in RR that have it.

Incidentally, the rooms that make up those gardens prolly have a larger percentage of foragables available IG then any other area in the game... I'm pretty sure the only one's that aren't in there are moonflowers, those that are exclusive to the Rift, and those exclusive to more recent hunting areas (such as the Confluence)

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: kylan berries 12/12/2019 09:45 PM CST
This berry can be found in numerous places. There's also a reference to it in a the room description on the Path to Enlightenment. Interestingly, I just got a bounty for it in plat.

[Path to Enlightenment]
Shining from the skies, a single beam of light falls upon a fountain shaped in the form of a natural waterfall. Here, a quiet breeze crosses in front of you carrying with it a scent of kylan berry. Sparkling in a dance of light, the small pool at the waterfall's base teases you with thoughts of gold. You also see a monk.
Obvious exits: east, west