RESOURCE Verb 06/05/2020 04:20 PM CDT
Players can now check their Health, Mana, Stamina, and Spirit values using the RESOURCE verb. RESOURCE is meant to be a pared down, simplistic output of those values so it can be quickly checked for those who don't necessarily have it displayed on their front end or who use a screen reader.

Additionally, professions that have weekly profession points to accumulate (currently Sorcerers with necrotic energy, Wizards with essence, and Bards with lore knowledge points, and in the near future, Monks with motes of tranquility) will also see their weekly and total of that resource displayed.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/05/2020 04:25 PM CDT
THANK YOU for giving actual numbers with the RESOURCE output.

Essence: 16000/16000 (Weekly) 21405/64000 (Total)

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/05/2020 04:31 PM CDT

The second part of that is awesome. Thank you.
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/05/2020 04:33 PM CDT
There is a small celebration taking place on LNet in your honor.

Also a small request / suggestion from one of the celebrants. Any chance of also adding VOLN favor to the RESOURCE command as well?

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/05/2020 11:41 PM CDT
>> THANK YOU for giving actual numbers with the RESOURCE output.
>> Essence: 16000/16000 (Weekly) 21405/64000 (Total)

Add me to the band playing in your honor. This is fabulous.
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/06/2020 07:45 AM CDT
This is a good change; thanks!

Would still like to see 'boost info' able to be done in RT (though I understand why it is so, since other options of the verb allow for benefits to be applied).

And would also still very much like to see 'assess unarmed' be able to be done in RT.
(As well as the auxiliary re-write of information, which I've proposed elsewhere.)
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/06/2020 08:39 AM CDT
<And would also still very much like to see 'assess unarmed' be able to be done in RT.>

Speaking of ASSESS, how about a reevaluation of the RT when assessing weapons armor. 20+ seconds of hard RT always seemed extreme to me when compared to the soft RT or complete lack of it when using other methods to determine item properties... esp when lower level warriors often have to assess multiple times to get any kind of reading at all.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/06/2020 04:04 PM CDT
Rt, and a warrior with 303 ranks of armor use or 202 ranks of a weapon should have no chance of failing a read. Supaa annoying to sometimes need to repeat 3x with that rt.
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/06/2020 10:52 PM CDT
Currently RESOURCE is pulling the Rogue from hiding when used. Can this be changed so it won't?

notAvaia, player of
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/07/2020 07:26 AM CDT
>>Currently RESOURCE is pulling the Rogue from hiding when used. Can this be changed so it won't?

Fixed.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/07/2020 08:14 AM CDT

Thanks!

Avaia, player of
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/09/2020 03:59 PM CDT
Loving this verb with my sorcerer.... any chance it could tell voln members how much favor they have?

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/11/2020 09:26 PM CDT
Would it be possible to put Voln favor in this resource review list?
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/12/2020 08:20 AM CDT
Can we also have either:
- an additional line that shows the rate of recovery for each of those (showing the On- or Off-node rate as appropriate for the room the verb is used in),
OR
- a command-line parameter such as 'recovery' (so you type in "reso[urce] reco[very]") to get that information?
(I would also be willing to settle for 'recovery' being its own verb, and showing that information.)
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/12/2020 01:15 PM CDT
>rate of recovery

You can at least get rate of recovery for mana and stamina from the MANA and STAMINA verbs, respectively. I can't recall if the HEALTH verb does similar or not.

The RESOURCE verb is supposed to be a pared down version of said verbs, as Oscuro said in his original post.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/12/2020 01:23 PM CDT
<(I would also be willing to settle for 'recovery' being its own verb, and showing that information.)>

Well it won't be that one.
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/12/2020 02:07 PM CDT
"You can at least get rate of recovery for mana and stamina from the MANA and STAMINA verbs, respectively. I can't recall if the HEALTH verb does similar or not." -- CltIDBall

I agree, they're available there...
...at a cost of screen real estate/scroll of "a whole buncha lines", as opposed to the concise one-line display. (Well... two, if we're including the class-specific bennies.)

"The RESOURCE verb is supposed to be a pared down version of said verbs, as Oscuro said in his original post." -- ibid

And I agree again about how desirable that is: see above comment about screen scroll.

Adding a third line to what is currently there--current/max values as now, adding the recovery line, and the class-specific line if there is one--does not seem to onerous.

Having that line available on its own would be a benefit, so far as I'm concerned. That way you do not even have to have the other two lines (current/max values, and class bennies) inflicted upon you when all you really care about is "how much mana/stamina will I get back".
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/13/2020 02:43 PM CDT
>>Would it be possible to put Voln favor in this resource review list?

This request has been heard and the dev team is considering it. There are opinions on both sides, though, so I wouldn't necessarily expect it to happen.

>>The RESOURCE verb is supposed to be a pared down version of said verbs, as Oscuro said in his original post.

Yeah, I'm trying to not overload it with things, especially stuff that isn't going to change minute to minute. Specifically, recovery rates are pretty stagnant, and, if they're not for some reason, you can find that info in MANA or STAMINA.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: RESOURCE Verb 06/13/2020 02:58 PM CDT
There are many times that what I care about is "how much am I getting back", rather than "how much do I have NOW". (Like for a maneuver or MStrike or QStrike cost that I know will be a whopper.) I agree they typically don't change much, but I don't normally spend a lot of effort on remembering what "the going rate" is, with <this particular character>.
But this information is only available at a cost of ~10 lines of text scrolling across a screen, adding to my noise.

How about adding a parameter to the verb, then?
'resource' by itself shows the points (current/max), as now.
'resource rate' shows the recoveries (off/on Node), instead.

Still only a single line....
Voln Favor is a RESOURCE 06/16/2020 11:27 PM CDT
Voln members can now view their total favor via RESOURCE.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Voln Favor is a RESOURCE 06/17/2020 01:06 AM CDT
Thank you!

Also.... holy schmoly I must have had a lot before I hit the undead gap!

Starchitin, the OG

Re: Voln Favor is a RESOURCE 06/17/2020 08:41 AM CDT
I'm dubbing you the King of QoL dev.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Voln Favor is a RESOURCE 06/17/2020 12:31 PM CDT
Woot woot woot. Thanks yous so much!!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair