PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 11:13 AM CDT
The "Proudest Victory" option has been added to the PROFILE verb. This is a way for you to preserve the display of a foe that you have slain. You can set your proudest victory to your current strongest foe vanquished by PROFILE SET VICTORY, then PROFILE TOGGLE VICTORY to display it. If and when your strongest foe vanquished changes because you slay something of a higher level, your proudest victory will NOT be automatically updated.

Additionally, the strongest foe vanquished field (and proudest victory field) now also displays the foe's level.

Finally, another (unrelated) change to PROFILE: CHE affiliation has been moved to the end of the affiliations list to better organize the display of the house crest for those who have portraits turned on.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 11:47 AM CDT
Holy cow! No wonder that viridian griffin is still my strongest foe even after killing rift crawlers! It was level 115.... and my sorcerer was in his 50's when he killed it!

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 11:51 AM CDT

I have a berserk royal emperor. Level 123. Yikes. I didn't know those things scaled up THAT high.
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 11:57 AM CDT
<Level 123. Yikes. I didn't know those things scaled up THAT high.>

Wow, and I thought my rogue's level 119 gnarled ice troll shaman was a record setter.... another one set 20+ levels ago that I have no idea how I managed to kill...

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 02:14 PM CDT
a winged vertiginous horror (level 136)

No wonder it took a whole town to take one out.

Speaking softly to Raelee, Kilthal says, "Many things would be different if people listened to ye."

Speaking to Kilthal, Raelee says, "Believe me. I am painfully aware of that."
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 02:30 PM CDT
Strongest foe vanquished: a dark black horse (level 250)

LOL
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 04:00 PM CDT
NOT supposed to be killing mounts!

My highest Emperor seems to be 124, but I have to be honest, the Empresses are more of a pain.
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 05:04 PM CDT
Let me tell you a story over the course of 10 years...

August 2009 (Solhaven)

Strongest foe vanquished: a rampaging elemental aberration

May 10th, 2020 (Wehnimer's)

Strongest foe vanquished: a rampaging elemental aberration

May 11th, 2020 (Wehnimer's)

Strongest foe vanquished: a stitched pustule-ridden horror (level 144)

May 21st, 2020

You can now save the ones you want!

Booooooo!
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 09:56 PM CDT
Nice addition. So.. how much does a reset cost?
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/21/2020 11:22 PM CDT
PROFILE CLEAR FOE

PROFILE by itself will show that and other options.
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/23/2020 12:16 AM CDT
This made my day! Thank you! I always worried I'd lose this chimera to some way-less-awesome-sounding invasion created, and always wondered what level it was:

Strongest foe vanquished: an incarnadine rotting chimera (level 143)
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/23/2020 06:34 AM CDT

When I saw Clunk was credited with "a hellish fiery-winged horror (level 137)",

the first question I asked was 'I wonder what Roblar's is?' and saw
Strongest foe vanquished: a dark black horse (level 250)

I also noted Desorceri fought a massive snow crone (level 150).

For years, my proudest was a ghost in Anwyn, but back then, the strongest foe vanquished was not recorded. A sorceress friend said she had fought it and it was in estimated to be in its 90's. That battle got memorialized as an etched scene on one of Clunks sets of armor. (Clunk was barely past Lord at the time, and had fought the ghost single-handedly). This was important to Clunk ... since it essentially stopped him from constantly asking himself 'am I worthy?'.

Clunk had been instructed years before that 'real fighters defeat things twice their level'. There was a game-mechanic in place at the time that allowed users to control when they 'leveled up'. Clunk would choose not to level up at the major promotions (Lord and Great Lord) unless he had fought and defeated an enemy twice his level (proving his worthiness). Fighting the ghost had major impact on Clunk regarding himself as 'worthy'.

Then, that undead invasion at Vaalor, led by either a dark soul or a dark apparition (I forget which) was for the longest time on Clunk's strongest foe. It too is etched on one of Clunk's sets of armor.

In truth, I'm not even sure which battle had "hellish fiery-winged horrors". Was it from the meteor falling on Elanith?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/23/2020 06:38 AM CDT

>>Strongest foe vanquished: an incarnadine rotting chimera (level 143)

Walkar killed one of those. But first he had to drop the fire-fighting bucket he was holding so that he could draw his sword.
That bucket fell on Clunk and killed him. (It was an iron bucket)

Clunk

Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/23/2020 02:23 PM CDT
For context, Walkar was flying/riding another one being mind controlled, so the bucket plummeted from on high. Very funny.

The horrors, I think, were from Red Rider/Solhaven event where they took over the temple (temp hunting area) for months)?
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/23/2020 04:54 PM CDT
Even if they were used at any point earlier, the horrors did appear at the meteor anniversary event. I have them on my paladin and empath!

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/23/2020 08:30 PM CDT
>PROFILE CLEAR FOE

Thanks.. didn't see that one.
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 05/23/2020 09:49 PM CDT

Meteor is probably the one, I do remember learning something at that one, and was surprised by it.

Clunk

Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 06/04/2020 10:37 PM CDT
With the ability to do Proudest Victory.. can the "must learn from" creature requirement be removed for Strongest Foe?
Re: PROFILE and Proudest Victory 06/05/2020 07:49 AM CDT
Is there a way we can set the "Proudest Victory" to a character instead of a mob?

I mean, Khy killed Leafiara once and would LOVE to have that as her Proudest Victory!

Khylynnia SparrHawk
Aelotian Bardess
L'Naereen'dar
Sonic Researcher
Scrivener of Twilight Hall