DETAIL (silently get info) 04/06/2020 03:45 PM CDT
I can go into more detail about all this if it helps..

I want to be able to get the full "description" of an item, but silently. I also want to be able to check for interactables in the room, but silently.

Right now the only commands I've been able to come up with that give you the full description without any 3rd person messaging is PEER and RECALL.

However, they're not foolproof and they also have additional text with them. PEER works better than RECALL on most things as it gives you the full text of an item whereas RECALL gives you the short.

One issue you run into is you can PEER/RECALL things that are too far away and not get anything about the description.

So I'd like a command that gave you the full description of "something" without any 3rd party messaging.

There ARE rooms in the game where objects in them have no associated XML code and so they don't show up as links in SF. Old school "glance XXX" checking is still needed (but then people see you glancing at everything).
Re: DETAIL (silently get info) 04/06/2020 05:48 PM CDT
I have a script in development that I used LEAN with, for similar reasons.

Then Mister Ryjex wrote a much better bit of code than I had, too: ;name

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: DETAIL (silently get info) 04/06/2020 05:53 PM CDT
You know, I think I just answered a different question!

His script, and mine, get the actual name you need to TAP ITEM or GET ITEM with two words.

For grabbing the whole name, I use glance when it is in my hands and scrape the screen.

For things in the room ... I think you are on the right track. I am off to clean my glasses now, I think :)

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.