Strange history 07/01/2020 03:33 PM CDT
I've been reading up on Roman history and stumbled across a Latin oratorical phrase that I found amusing. Cato the Censor would end all of his speeches with the line: "Furthermore, I consider that Carthage must be destroyed." It didn't matter if he was talking about sewage, the baths or anything else. He just tacked that line on.

I feel like I should try to incorporate a similar line into all my social dealings:

"Yes, mom. We received your card. Thank you. Furthermore, I consider that River's Rest needs another hunting ground."
"Thank you, I will put that doctor's appointment on my schedule. Furthermore, I consider that River's Rest needs another hunting ground."
"I'd like a large cheese and pepperoni pizza. Furthermore, I consider that River's Rest needs another hunting ground."

Magarven the Mad
Re: Strange history 07/01/2020 03:34 PM CDT
Damn. My source has been revealed!

And burn everything East of the Spine! To the ground!

Doug
Re: Strange history 07/01/2020 04:39 PM CDT
That is an excellent find! Thanks for sharing. How to incorporate into my speech...

In conclusion, I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.