Heh; don't *I* feel like a rocket surgeon! 03/16/2020 09:49 AM CDT
So my brother is one of those who follows the March Madness (but I don't think he does any bracket stuff; he just enjoys the basketball), and watches sports games, and so on. (And football, but they're out of season.)

And I pointed out that I can still enjoy my pass-time just fine, in the comfort of my regular surroundings, and with the participation of the hundreds of other people with whom I normally meet and play.
Not like, you know: him watching the large sweaty men in various sports which are, well. Cancelled.
Re: Heh; don't *I* feel like a rocket surgeon! 03/16/2020 10:49 AM CDT
LOL, right? All these panic posts not about the pandemic but about what they can do while stuck at home and I'm over here going like "I have an online game to play that I love, plus a handful of other MMORPGS that I can kill time in, I have some more edits to do on a alpha-read of a book, I have a bunch of learning to knit activities to keep me occupied, I have dozens upon dozens of TV shows and movies I can stream, and if all that junk goes down, I still have literally thousands of books I can read."

I don't understand the 'nothing to do' people AT. All.

~Heathyr
Re: Heh; don't *I* feel like a rocket surgeon! 03/16/2020 06:15 PM CDT
>> Not like, you know: him watching the large sweaty men in various sports which are, well. Cancelled.

You should point out to your brother that it is at least rumored that a lot of large sweaty men play Gemstone as well. Maybe we'll gain a new convert to the game!

-- Robert

>channel my maul
You channel at a hefty mithril maul.
You make an astoundingly inept attempt! Success!
Re: Heh; don't *I* feel like a rocket surgeon! 03/16/2020 06:44 PM CDT

>>You should point out to your brother that it is at least rumored that a lot of large sweaty men play Gemstone as well. Maybe we'll gain a new convert to the game!

With the right advertising, we gain LOTS of new players.
This community is probably one of the few that is likely to thrive and grow.

I mean, if we have to live through the Red Rot, isn't it best to do so in a game?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Heh; don't *I* feel like a rocket surgeon! 03/16/2020 07:19 PM CDT
Even when we're in the same room and are sitting in front of the same TV program, he & I are watching completely different things.
"YEAH!" exhortation as the <some goofy football play> comes together on the field.
"MMMmmmmm" sigh of contentment as the corner of the screen has cheerleaders with pom-poms.