Obit in the New York Times for Johanna Lindsey 12/23/2019 01:23 PM CST
Long time GS player and author Johanna Lindsey passed away on October 27th. Not sure why the obit didn't get published till today. I hadn't seen anything here. One of the more famous people to have played this game. RIP Tedra.
Re: Obit in the New York Times for Johanna Lindsey 12/23/2019 01:53 PM CST
Periodically I have thought about reading some of her books, particularly the ones including their characters. It's sad that there won't be any more coming out.

I find her Wiki article compelling right in the first paragraph: "All of her books reached the New York Times bestseller list, many reaching No. 1." (emphasis mine)
Re: Obit in the New York Times for Johanna Lindsey 12/23/2019 01:59 PM CST
Thank you for sharing. She will definitely be missed.

~Heathyr
Re: Obit in the New York Times for Johanna Lindsey 12/23/2019 02:18 PM CST

Ugh, that really sucks. She was a lot of fun to role-play and hunt with. A lot of fond memories of hunting with her, helping her enchant etc back in the GEnie days.

J
Re: Obit in the New York Times for Johanna Lindsey 12/23/2019 03:36 PM CST
We've been wondering where she was. She returned for a bit then was gone again.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/23/prolific-romance-novelist-johanna-lindsey-dead-at-67/

There's the link to her NY Times Obit.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: Obit in the New York Times for Johanna Lindsey 12/25/2019 05:26 PM CST
Very sad news :(
Re: Obit in the New York Times for Johanna Lindsey 01/01/2020 08:37 PM CST
I knew her pretty well, she was always nice, always helpful when I first started out about 25 years ago. I have the last 10x weapon she made for me before she left the lands. Really sad that she passed. They should put up a statue of Tedra outside the gates.

-V