Could an AI play GS4? 05/10/2019 03:29 PM CDT
Google created an AI that beat most players in the Starcraft online multiplayer military strategy game. Could an AI ever play GS4? There is no doubt that an AI could learn to hunt in GS4. But could an AI make friends, join a house, buy upgraded gear from other players, solve puzzles and engage in the other activities expected of GS4 players? A text based game would be a good place for an AI to try to pass a Turing test. There could be an AI among us already.

Article about the AlphaStar AI that played Starcraft:
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/1/24/18196177/ai-artificial-intelligence-google-deepmind-starcraft-game
Re: Could an AI play GS4? 05/10/2019 05:23 PM CDT
>>Google created an AI that beat most players in the Starcraft online multiplayer military strategy game. Could an AI ever play GS4? There is no doubt that an AI could learn to hunt in GS4. But could an AI make friends, join a house, buy upgraded gear from other players, solve puzzles and engage in the other activities expected of GS4 players? A text based game would be a good place for an AI to try to pass a Turing test. There could be an AI among us already.

Back when I started (AOL), I did not grasp the concept of other players playing at the same time.
I was really impressed at the level of detail that went into the AI.
It could interpret Clunk's dwarven drawl and everything.

First Con, five or six years later, I remember other players coming up and remembering that I thought they were programmed into the code.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Could an AI play GS4? 05/11/2019 07:02 PM CDT

There is. It is called Samaritan
Re: Could an AI play GS4? 05/11/2019 10:38 PM CDT
>There is. It is called Samaritan

Not if Reese and Finch have anything to say about it.
Re: Could an AI play GS4? 05/17/2019 04:25 PM CDT

SHHHHH!!!!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SAMARITAN!!