What happened to Topic of the Day? 03/20/2019 11:31 AM CDT
There doesn't appear to be a "real world" Category any more, nothing for TotD or regional meat-space gatherings or whatnot.

??

Meanwhile!

Has anyone here ever played any of the "King's Bounty" games, either on console (I first ran into it on the Sega Genesis) or PC (Amazon has a five-pack available through Stream)?

The reason I ask is that the second & third ones (Armored Princess and Crossworlds) have a terrain editor included in it, and while I was (finally!) doing some write-up for Mazreth on my custom property, I was thinking to myself, "Gee, I could just build it out and SHOW him what it looked like..."

Then I thought, "Gee, I could build out the Landing and Claedesbrim Castle and elfie-welfie lands and Teras and have ships going between places and..."

Anyone interested in doing something like that?
Re: What happened to Topic of the Day? 03/20/2019 12:24 PM CDT
>Has anyone here ever played any of the "King's Bounty" games, either on console (I first ran into it on the Sega Genesis) or PC (Amazon has a five-pack available through Stream)?

I've played The Legend and Armored Princess King's Bounty games, but it's been some time since I played them. I thought they were okay games - kind of like the Might & Magic Heroes VI and VII games.

I didn't even know King's Bounty: Armored Princess came with a map editor. Then again, I was never really one to play with map editors - just never had the patience to do so.
Re: What happened to Topic of the Day? 03/20/2019 12:47 PM CDT
From what I can make of the timeline, KB (16-bit Genesis) helped inspire the M&M line of games. I was curious enough to pick up Heroes of Might & Magic for my GameBoy, but never got around to playing it (why would I, after I found a "Catan" cartridge?!?).
Re: What happened to Topic of the Day? 03/20/2019 05:39 PM CDT

FWIW there is "The Last Chance Inn [Socializing]" here in General Discussion about Gemstone IV.

:D
Re: What happened to Topic of the Day? 03/20/2019 05:50 PM CDT
By golly there is; because it had an RP-style name, my eye skipped right over it. Derp.

Thanks!