Heading Out 08/22/2018 01:33 AM CDT
All,

It is about time for me to wrap up my tenure as a member of the GemStone IV GameMaster staff, and as a player of the game. Accordingly, I'll be stepping down in the next few weeks. I have been a GM for eight years, and it is approaching 23 years since I rolled up my first character. I have many fond memories of this game, and I wish you all farewell.

Since anonymity will no longer be an issue, and since there are still some old friends lurking on the boards from when I was a player to whom I would like to say goodbye, I will sign off as...

Thanks,
-ASGM Finros, and one-time player Grendeg
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 03:14 AM CDT
Thank you for all that you have done to share this amazing Elanthia with us!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 04:25 AM CDT
Ohhh, Grendeg! I remember him in game and on the forums. :)

Thank you for devoting your time and effort GMing, sorry to see you go.

Good luck in whatever you do.
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 08:02 AM CDT
Take care and have an excellent time in your next adventure.
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 08:29 AM CDT
Holy Smokes! So that's what happened to you!

"<<There are definitely some players I absolutely dislike. But I think I have a soft spot for Grendeg's. I just like to tease him for being such a curmudgeon.

Curmudgeon? What, am I sitting out on a porch, smoking a corncob pipe, and muttering about trudging to school in the snow, uphills both ways now? [grin]. Nah, that'd be Krakii." -- Grendeg

Eeehhh?!? Shpeak into the ear-trumpet, shonny..." -- Me, quoting & replying to your quote & reply, 30-May-2007
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 09:38 AM CDT

Heh, now that you have outted yourself, can I speak of the time we were giving a novice a tour and you closed the door of the Iron Maiden on him? <cackle>

Never say never, the House of the Arcane Masters awaits your return and so do I.

Until then, be well and safe travels.

Askip

:D
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 12:13 PM CDT
Thanks for everything, friend! Best wishes.

Glimmin Goodhand
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 02:05 PM CDT
I remember Grendeg!

I wish you all the best.

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 02:33 PM CDT

Thank you for all your effort, interest, and contributions over the years.

Best wishes for your future endeavors.

Lochiven
Re: Heading Out 08/22/2018 09:22 PM CDT
Grendeg! Loxik/Jacob here. I didn't know you had become a GM, but it makes a lot of sense. I returned last August after an almost 10 year break. I tried to email you but wasn't sure how to get in touch. Glad to hear that you still kept a hand in the game, and if you happen to see this message, feel free to drop me a line.

All best,
Jacob/Loxik
Re: Heading Out 08/23/2018 04:10 AM CDT
David (if I am recalling correctly, we have the same first name),
I never knew you were the person behind Finros. You and I had a few conflicts on these boards, but I think we ended up resolving those, and I often enjoyed your perspectives on various issues. For some reason, I had some idea you had become a GM (maybe I heard a rumor at some point), but I never knew which one.

I am truly sorry to see you go. We never interacted in game (other than maybe with some of your merchants), but I've missed your voice on these boards, and you contributed a great deal both as a player and as a GM. Best wishes to you, and I hope you somehow find your way back to Gemstone some day.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Heading Out 08/23/2018 09:07 AM CDT
Just remember...

Leather-wearing rogues are the best.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Heading Out 08/23/2018 01:27 PM CDT
Good luck out there in the fantasy world.

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Heading Out 08/23/2018 05:39 PM CDT
Been a pleasure knowing you all these years, even if you did vanish into the clouds as it were, good luck with in your future endeavors. Please feel free to visit us from time to time.
Re: Heading Out 08/27/2018 04:32 PM CDT
Thanks for everything you did as a player and GM. Enjoy and take care!

(MG, Xulia)
Re: Heading Out 08/28/2018 11:01 PM CDT
Thank you all. I recognize every person who posted here, either by account name or by character name, and have fond memories of you all -- even those of you with whom I argued ferociously as a player. The game has meant a lot to me over the years, as I suspect it has for many of you as well. I hope that it continues to do so for those that remain, and that we can all check out gracefully when the time finally comes to move on.
Re: Heading Out 08/30/2018 01:01 AM CDT

So long and thanks for all the gemstone!
Re: Heading Out 09/17/2018 11:58 AM CDT
Thanks for everything you have contributed Grendeg. I have fond memories of your character, as well as of argueing passionately with you about such absurd things as Arcane bylaws. We may have been the only two who really cared about those; it was love of the game. Peace be with you my friend. Come back any time.

Kerl
Re: Heading Out 09/18/2018 11:47 AM CDT
Sorry to see you go! I am sure I have interacted with you during the years (recently came back last year myself)...If not with Akanah, I am sure with others too...but Akanah is the one I let everyone know about on the boards. Enjoy the real world and maybe someday, you come back for a visit!

- Akanah
Re: Heading Out 09/27/2018 06:32 PM CDT
With much love, thanks for being a driving force behind improving GS for so many years. <3