Not a name I see every day... 05/12/2018 09:00 PM CDT
...so welcome back, Darcena! :)
Re: Not a name I see every day... 05/13/2018 11:42 AM CDT
Armyjen!

+1.

Askip

:D
Re: Not a name I see every day... 05/14/2018 12:21 PM CDT
Thank you Robert. Thank you 'Skip. It's good to be back among such fantastic people. :)

Jen
Re: Not a name I see every day... 05/25/2018 08:17 PM CDT

Yes. I had to perform a double gawk, myself. B)
Re: Not a name I see every day... 08/13/2018 10:27 AM CDT
Heh; seeing Darcena in-game over the weekend reminded me, and I just did some maths and realized...

...Jen, aren't your kids getting to be about the age you were, when you started GemStone?

<think>

Are they asking Mom about this weird thing she does on the computer all the time? :)
Re: Not a name I see every day... 08/13/2018 10:42 AM CDT
I was talking about this at Con... I started playing the game either just before or just after I turned 13. I have not yet been able to figure out exactly what my start date was. It was late 1996 or early 1997. I tell people early 1997, but I honestly don't remember. I became a Mentor at 16 and went to my first SimuCon at 16.

My oldest son now is 14. My daughter is 12. (Then I also have 5- and 4-year-old sons.)

So.......... Yes.

They've asked to play.

...I said no.

:P

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."
Re: Not a name I see every day... 08/13/2018 11:42 AM CDT
<chortle>

Looks like the furthest back I've got printouts--I've scanned them all, since--of Board posts is some time in 2000, when you still had the 'Beery' accountname. And I know that was a year when you were at 'Con already, so you'd been posting for a while before then.
So I can't narrow it down any more for you. (It was fun re-reading some of the old stuff, though. :)
Re: Not a name I see every day... 08/13/2018 11:50 AM CDT
Our son turns 18 in October. I first started GemStone at the age of 20 (late 1987, GS2 Beta), some 13 years before he was born. Whenever Elysia and I bug him about joining us playing the game, he sort of stares at us blankly and says, "yeah... No. Not my thing." I'm like, "Fair enough, but just look at all this HI-RES Text!!!" I got a chuckle out of him the first time, but that's all.
Re: Not a name I see every day... 08/13/2018 12:34 PM CDT
>They've asked to play....I said no.

Huh?

>I became a Mentor at 16 and went to my first SimuCon at 16.

Toga!

...hugs and flees.

Re: Not a name I see every day... 08/13/2018 03:20 PM CDT
"4-year-old sons" -- Darcena

What does it say about me--once I pause to consider this and all of its ramifications--that what actually goes through my head is, "He has never lived in a world in which Joffrey Baratheon was alive on HBO."
(Except in re-runs, of course.)
Re: Not a name I see every day... 08/13/2018 05:41 PM CDT

>"4-year-old sons" -- Darcena

>What does it say about me--Krakii

Sniff-- I have a great-grandson older than that.

Re: Not a name I see every day... 08/13/2018 08:14 PM CDT
I laugh about that toga party every time I see the picture. I didn't have a costume, so Ylena literally grabbed a hotel sheet and some things out of her suitcase and that was what I wore.

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."