Changes... 07/01/2020 10:31 AM CDT
After I made my last post last night it immediately occurred to me that I'd forgotten to put an item on my list that has long bothered me: the Dark Chamber in the Warrior Guilds. I may be over sensitive on the matter but I think the messaging in there needs to be reviewed as well and changed. As it is right now (unless it's been very recently updated already) it borders on being sadistic with overtones of S&M or B&D. I really don't enjoy messaging like that and believe it has no real place in a game that I know tries very hard to be player friendly to persons of all ages. Thanks.
Re: Changes... 07/01/2020 11:25 AM CDT

<<After I made my last post last night it immediately occurred to me that I'd forgotten to put an item on my list that has long bothered me: the Dark Chamber in the Warrior Guilds. I may be over sensitive on the matter but I think the messaging in there needs to be reviewed as well and changed. As it is right now (unless it's been very recently updated already) it borders on being sadistic with overtones of S&M or B&D. I really don't enjoy messaging like that and believe it has no real place in a game that I know tries very hard to be player friendly to persons of all ages. Thanks.

The squelch ability in stormfront exists for a reason. Try that before trying to alter the game for everyone.
Re: Changes... 07/01/2020 12:04 PM CDT
>>The squelch ability in stormfront exists for a reason.

You know, as terse as the suggestion may seem - it also is a very good one.

I would enjoy seeing a set of pre-designed squelches from the staff that could be loaded up on demand in SF (or that next new incredible FE that is forthcoming. . . heh) as a partial solution to the endeavors we're undertaking.

I get that this cannot be applied easily / well to various documents available via a web interface, but for in-game content that just feels to me like a solution begging to be adopted.

Doug
Re: Changes... 07/01/2020 12:05 PM CDT

Warrior guilds trying to make Jason bournes out of everyone was always how I saw it. It isn’t pleasant but it does seem fitting for the results they are trying to achieve. Just my opinion in response to your opinion.

I suppose a good question might be if there is are guilds that handle that training room better than others.
Re: Changes... 07/01/2020 12:21 PM CDT
I always thought the warrior guild was supposed to be a bit on the sadistic/painful side; rather more like the Spartans trained. IMHO the flavouring of the guild is just fine.

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

http://radeekandoran.blogspot.ca/

http://thetehirchronicles.blogspot.ca/
Re: Changes... 07/01/2020 12:28 PM CDT
I always thought the dark chamber made sense considering what they are trying to teach you to do. However if it really bothers you I have a bunch of guild vouchers I can sell you :-D
Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Changes... 07/01/2020 02:38 PM CDT
I actually never got any sadistic overtones out of the warrior guild; it's not like they're beating or whipping warriors, just binding them and challenging them to break free. Or at least that's what I remember. S&M is uncomfortable to me as well, but I just never got those vibes here. (Some reading this might be raising an eyebrow if they know that my character's totally into bondage, but I'll clarify that that's minus the sadomasochism. I admittedly hate that I have to explain this OOC, but it's where we are.)

I guess one could argue that the short term paralysis concoctions are a bit much. Even then, though, it's a form of training that the warrior is consenting to by returning to the guild--and consent is often all the difference between what's problematic or not.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: Changes... 07/01/2020 05:19 PM CDT

>I actually never got any sadistic overtones out of the warrior guild; it's not like they're beating or whipping warriors, just binding them and challenging them to break free.

Not like those rogue guild masters at all! Smashing bottles over your head, hitting you with bricks, shooting arrows at you. Feh, warriors got it easy!