OSA bug 11/23/2022 07:31 PM CST

>
[pirate_looper]>turn wheel ship
You expertly navigate the waters with the wooden wheel in your hands toward the merchant brigantine!
Roundtime: 11 sec.
>
The sloop lurches forward as it strains against the deployed anchor.
>
You expertly navigate the waters with the wooden wheel in your hands toward the merchant brigantine!
Roundtime: 15 sec.
>
Roundtime: 13 sec.
Re: OSA bug 11/29/2022 03:29 PM CST
What is the bug?

Your anchor is deployed so you aren't lowering any distance on the brigantine.

A Navigator can "turn wheel ship" repeatedly to speed up the process (but again, your anchor is deployed).
Re: OSA bug 12/05/2022 05:17 AM CST

The bug is that I'm both not moving and navigating the waters
Re: OSA bug 12/11/2022 12:33 AM CST
If you're a navigator it's not a bug. I explained what's happening.
Re: OSA bug 12/30/2022 06:22 AM CST

Yeah, to navigate a ship is to be actually moving. The anchor prevents that. The two are mutually exclusive. Thanks for your explanations, but they're only correct if you ignore what words mean.

And that is what I am explaining to you. The difference between the transitive and intransitive definition of 'to navigate' according to the OED, the people who document English for the country that invented it. Someone call Susie Dent!

Thanks for your explanations.
Re: OSA bug 12/30/2022 11:33 AM CST
>> ...according to the OED...

I'm not sure that the Oregon Employment Department is considered much of an authority on these matters...

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.