BUNDLE BUG with creature skins 11/02/2022 09:59 AM CDT
There's a bug with bundling and quality of skins, my guess is the bug happened when the removal of the long RT for appraising a bundle of skins.

In this clip I have 10 cyclops eyes (got a bounty to do) and I need at least 9 exceptional eyes.

9 of them are magnificent quality
1 is fair

You remove a cyclops eye from in your spidersilk backpack.
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 350 silvers!
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 350 silvers!
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 300 silvers!
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 300 silvers!
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 175 silvers!
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
>
>app my eye
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 175 silvers!
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 400 silvers!
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
>app my eye
>drop eye
You drop a cyclops eye.
>get eye from back
Get what?
>get eye from longcoat
You remove a cyclops eye from in your ivory velvet longcoat.
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of fair quality and worth approximately 50 silvers.
>put eye in my long
You put a cyclops eye in your ivory velvet longcoat.

As you can see in the table above, 9 are magnificent and 1 is fair quality.

I will now bundle up all 9 magnificent eyes that I keep in my backpack:

>.bundle eye
[Script bundle is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>get eye from my backpack
>bundle
You carefully arrange your two cyclops eyes into a neat bundle.
>bundle
You carefully add your cyclops eye to your bundle of cyclops eyes.
>bundle
>bundle
>
>bundle
>bundle
>
>bundle
>
>bundle
Get what?
>stow right longcoat
>
You put a bundle of cyclops eyes in your ivory velvet longcoat.
Get what?
>stow right longcoat
You are not holding anything in your right hand.
>put eye in my longcoat
[script done]
You are not holding that.
>get eyes from my long
You remove a bundle of cyclops eyes from in your ivory velvet longcoat.
>app my eyes
You turn the cyclops eyes over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that of the 9 eyes in your bundle, all of them are magnificent quality.
You estimate that the total value of your cyclops eyes is approximately 2900 silvers.

As you can see, 9 eyes, all are magnificent when appraised individually and my bundle shows 9 eyes, all magnificent.

I'll now take the fair quality one and add it to the bundle.

>get eye from long
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eye over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the cyclops eye is of fair quality and worth approximately 50 silvers.
>bundle
>app eyes
You turn the cyclops eyes over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that of the 10 eyes in your bundle, all of them are magnificent quality.
You estimate that the total value of your cyclops eyes is approximately 2900 silvers.

As you can see, I checked the last eye and it appraises as fair quality. I added it to my bundle of 9 magnificent eyes to make a full bundle of 10. When I appraised it, it shows I have 10 eyes and they are all magnificent.

I'll take the bundle apart and put all eyes back in the containers and this time I'll start the bundle with the fair quality eye.

>get eye from long
>app my eye
>get eye from back
>app my eye
>bundle
You carefully arrange your two cyclops eyes into a neat bundle.
>get eye from back
>bundle
>get eye from back
>bundle
>get eye from back
>bundle
>get eye from back
>bundle
>get eye from back
>bundle
>
>get eye from back
>bundle
>
>get eye from back
>bundle
>
>get eye from back
>bundle
>
>app my eye
You turn the cyclops eyes over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that of the 10 eyes in your bundle, all of them are fair quality.
You estimate that the total value of your cyclops eyes is approximately 2800 silvers.

As you can see, I started the bundle with the fair quality eye and then added all the magnificent quality eyes. When I appraised the bundle it shows 10 eyes, but the quality says they're all fair quality.

Here are the two reasons I bundle my skins:
1) Weight reduction. If you bundle all your skins you can shave off a pound or two and help with reduction. This is a known bonus to bundling things in the game, it even works with herbs.
2) A slight bump of approximately .5% in silvers. The system appears to round up the silver cost when you bundle them. I've posted about this in the past before, so it's a known bonus to bundling skins.
(using the 10 eyes above, all bundled together I'm offered 2,566 silver. Pricing them individually I'd get paid: 2,557 silver. That's about a .4% difference)

This bug has been screwing up my skin bounties for the adventure guild for some time now. The price of the eyes doesn't get impacted, so I'm not losing out on silvers, but I am not being able to complete bounties because of the bug when I bundle skins....or I'm completing bounties early without actually having enough high enough quality skins.
This set of eyes, when bundles starting with the fair eye or magnificent eye, all 10 eyes bundles (no matter the order) the furrier offers me the same silver of 2,566.

However, if I return a bundle of skins in and I happened to start with the fair quality skin first, all other skins in the bundle are flagged as fair quality and none of the skins will count towards my bounty. It took me a bit to figure this bug out and I was confused as hell as to why my bounty wasn't being completed when I turned in a bundle of skins over turning them in 1 by 1.

I know some point in the past 1-2 years, some QOL (Quality Of Life) changes were made and one of them was the removal of the RT for appraising a bundle of skins (I tried tracking down the QOL of post, but without a search function I got bored of scouring through multiple folders after about 15 minutes). You still need the trading skill to get an idea of the cost of the skins and the quality of the skins, but you didn't have to suffer through the RT. At some point with this QOL change it broke how the game identified all the individual skins in the bundle.

In the past, when you would have appraised the bundle of skins, it would have told you that there were 9 magnificent and 1 fair quality skins in the bundle.

This bug can easily be abused in the game.
You find a creature that's hard to skin and you need exceptional quality skins and it takes a long time to get one, all you need to do now is make sure you bundle 1 exceptional (or higher) quality skin in the bundle first, then you can add all the crappy quality ones after it. Then simply sell the bundle that has 1 skin that meets the criteria if your bounty and BANG! Your bounty is complete even though you didn't actually have the correct number of quality of skins to sell to the furrier.
Re: BUNDLE BUG with creature skins 11/08/2022 07:08 PM CST
I know, it's only been a week (about) - any update on this? It's annoying as hell and was still an issue a couple days ago when I last tried it.

Once this bug gets squashed, I'll post about another bug I came across (it's not game breaking, but it is kind of interesting how a scripted item works when it shouldn't...oversight on the creator's end is my guess)....that is, if I remember what it is as long as this one is handled in a timely fashion.
Re: BUNDLE BUG with creature skins 11/09/2022 08:22 AM CST
Are you BUGging these in-game also? And please BUG the other one without waiting for this one to resolve. It's definitely appreciated, so we can get these to the right people to work on them.

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: BUNDLE BUG with creature skins 11/09/2022 01:30 PM CST
>Are you BUGging these in-game also? And please BUG the other one without waiting for this one to resolve. It's definitely appreciated, so we can get these to the right people to work on them.

Bug report was made a week ago on the bundling issue. I provided a link to my post on the forums in the bug report.

I'll get around to bugging the item soon. I doubt many people even have the item anymore since it's kind of old. It's not really a bug that can be maliciously used like the bundle bug can be.
Re: BUNDLE BUG with creature skins 01/09/2023 10:46 AM CST
Just to update - still a bug.

Still abusable with the adventure guild skin bounties.

Here's a little clip showing the issue (and yes, I've bugged it in game):

>get bark
You remove some blood-stained bark from in your spidersilk backpack.
>app my bar
You turn the blood-stained bark over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the blood-stained bark is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 1000 silvers!
>put bar in long
You put some blood-stained bark in your ivory velvet longcoat.
>get bark from back
>
You remove some blood-stained bark from in your spidersilk backpack.
>app my bark
You turn the blood-stained bark over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the blood-stained bark is of fine quality and worth approximately 250 silvers.
>
>get bark from long
You remove some blood-stained bark from in your ivory velvet longcoat.
>bund
You carefully arrange your two blood-stained barks into a neat bundle.
>app my bark
You turn the blood-stained barks over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that of the 2 barks in your bundle, all of them are fine quality.
You estimate that the total value of your blood-stained barks is approximately 1250 silvers.
>bund remove
Those were the last two blood-stained barks in the bundle. You separate them from each other.
>swap
You swap some blood-stained bark to your left hand and some blood-stained bark to your right hand.
>tap bark
You tap some blood-stained bark, which is in your right hand.
>app my bark
You turn the blood-stained bark over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that the blood-stained bark is of magnificent quality and worth approximately 1050 silvers!
>bundle
You carefully arrange your two blood-stained barks into a neat bundle.
>app barks
You turn the blood-stained barks over in your hands, meticulously inspecting for flaws. You estimate that of the 2 barks in your bundle, all of them are magnificent quality.
You estimate that the total value of your blood-stained barks is approximately 1350 silvers.

The issue is that all skins in a bundle default to the very fist skin you start the bundle with. If you start the bundle with 1 magnificent quality skin and all the others are just fine quality, all skins in the bundle are declared as magnificent quality. If I needed 10 exceptional quality skins and used this method of starting my bundle with an exceptional or better quality, I can just bundle in crap quality skins behind it and then turn in the bounty as complete.

2 months or so since I posted about this bug and submitted a bug report in game. Just following up again about it since it's still a problem